My Bluetooth Setup

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-09-2006, 04:33 PM
ATS
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 E500 / 2001 C240
If you want something to mount your phone in your car, this goes in the cup holder. I use this and it is amazing.. Super clean look and it is removeable in 1 second.

http://www.ats-systems.com/store/det...UCT_ID=3971525

Prices are in CDN..
Old 03-09-2006, 04:52 PM
Almost a Member!

2005 E500 4matic
I am just advising you to not let them talk you into anything else, and to not accept their excuses as to why they shouldn't pay for a new mount since they ruined the other one.
haha I'm not a push-over. Right now I am just waiting for the trim piece to come in and trust me, he is going to refund me the money for the Kuda piece. I just have not talk to him in the past week because I have been bery busy lately with work. I will wait until the piece comes in to discuss the situation with him. Hopefully I can get everything done this weekend.

As for the picture with the phone in it. I am in NYC until Friday night. When I get home, I will take a picture of it and post it. Incase you are wondering what kind of phone it is, it is a Motorola Razr.
Old 03-09-2006, 05:21 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
K Car
Originally Posted by ATS
If you want something to mount your phone in your car, this goes in the cup holder. I use this and it is amazing.. Super clean look and it is removeable in 1 second.

http://www.ats-systems.com/store/det...UCT_ID=3971525

Prices are in CDN..
That's interesting. Thanks.
Old 03-09-2006, 05:26 PM
Out Of Control!!

K Car
Originally Posted by cannondalemtb
haha I'm not a push-over. Right now I am just waiting for the trim piece to come in and trust me, he is going to refund me the money for the Kuda piece. I just have not talk to him in the past week because I have been bery busy lately with work. I will wait until the piece comes in to discuss the situation with him. Hopefully I can get everything done this weekend.
Understood, and I'm glad to hear it. I just hate to see crappy shops get over on people.

As for the picture with the phone in it. I am in NYC until Friday night. When I get home, I will take a picture of it and post it. Incase you are wondering what kind of phone it is, it is a Motorola Razr.
I too have a Razr phone and have been looking for a clean way of mounting it somewhere in the car. Currently I have it sitting on a black piece of no-slip pad, up on the dash, between the door and the Instrument console. Doesn't look too bad there, but I would prefer a better option. I was actually considering the Kuda option, but now I'm not so sure. On the web, the leather looked like it matched better, but in your pics it looks off (which makes it look like it doesn't belong there).
Old 03-09-2006, 05:40 PM
Almost a Member!

2005 E500 4matic
In person, the color does actually match very well. I guess the camera and the direct sunlight changed the look of it. I think the Kuda piece wouldn't look all that bad if it was installed properly and if you make it a clean installation and not one as tacky as mine.
Old 03-11-2006, 10:29 PM

Received 265 Likes on 158 Posts
EQS 450 4Matic SUV
ignition switched power

They could have easily connected the power lead to the lighter socket which is switched thru the ignition.

haha yeah right...Now I don't know much about how the car electronics are set up, but they told me that they could not tie into the system because it is all fiber optics and therefore they had to run it to a constant power supply. Thus the tacky toggle switch.
Old 03-11-2006, 10:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
W203 slightly modified
Originally Posted by fgwinn
They could have easily connected the power lead to the lighter socket which is switched thru the ignition.
And why not take power from the fuse socket for the phone system.
Old 03-12-2006, 03:38 PM
Almost a Member!

2005 E500 4matic
Thanks guys. I'll talk to them about a better looking and more practical install.
Old 03-17-2006, 11:01 AM
Out Of Control!!

K Car

Any update on your situation with the installer?
Old 03-17-2006, 02:31 PM
Almost a Member!

2005 E500 4matic
Well they called me last week and asked me to bring it in so that they could see the exact part to order. They took down the VIN before but they said they need to see it again. I could not bring it in last weekend because I was too busy. I have been out of town this week but I will hopefully bring it in tomorrow and I will discuss with them the new setup I want. I think I am going to go with an install similar to that of Le Burpor's. I will just ditch the cradle since I have found that I hardly ever use it and I will have it wired to the power lead to the lighter socket. Hopefully they can handle that, but we'll see.

Last edited by cannondalemtb; 03-17-2006 at 02:34 PM.
Old 03-19-2006, 12:43 PM

2018 S450, 2019 Range Rover LWB, 2015 Range Rover, 2019 S560 Cabriolet (awaiting delivery)
Just a heads-up on their willingness to replace the wood shift gate trim...many members can attest to the difficulty in matching a new piece of trim to the remainder of your existing trim. It will most likely be darker or lighter than the rest of the way up your center console. Good luck.
Old 03-19-2006, 02:57 PM
Almost a Member!

2005 E500 4matic
Thanks. I did go in there yesterday and spoke with someone else who was much more understanding and accommodating. He ordered the trim piece and we decided that instead of ordering a new Kuda piece, that he would order me a cup holder cell phone cradle instead. They are going to remove the current setup and install the Bluetooth piece beside my knee similar to what Le Burpor has done. They agreed to try to run it off the lead to the lighter socket, but the only concern was that the Bluetooth system runs about 30 amps and the lighter socket draws about 15 amps. Has anyone attempted to run anything off the lead to the lighter socket before? Any input with be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 03-20-2006, 10:14 PM

Received 265 Likes on 158 Posts
EQS 450 4Matic SUV
30 amps for a hands free kit?????

I doubt very much if the Motorola kar kit draws more than 2 or 3 amps. I have the same kit and will check the fuse rating when I get a chance.

Thanks. I did go in there yesterday and spoke with someone else who was much more understanding and accommodating. He ordered the trim piece and we decided that instead of ordering a new Kuda piece, that he would order me a cup holder cell phone cradle instead. They are going to remove the current setup and install the Bluetooth piece beside my knee similar to what Le Burpor has done. They agreed to try to run it off the lead to the lighter socket, but the only concern was that the Bluetooth system runs about 30 amps and the lighter socket draws about 15 amps. Has anyone attempted to run anything off the lead to the lighter socket before? Any input with be appreciated. Thanks.