E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

This isn't good

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-10-2006, 07:58 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
w211 & w124
Think of it like this...you do have the option of getting an E350 with all the bells and whistles "standard", you just have to pay $8,000 more for the premium and appearance packages (or whatever the package of the month is called). Like discussed in other threads before, the cost of the current MB lineup has gone down a lot when compared to the lineup of ten years ago (after being adjusted for inflation).

Would everyone be happier if the base price for an E class were $60k but came with more standard features? The reality is that if you want to drive a benz you are just going to have to pay a lot more for the name. The people that want to compare our cars with Lexus, Infiniti and, dare I say, Acura based on what comes standard probably should have just bought one of those cars.

I just bought a pair of sunglasses on Tuesday that cost me $265. They do the same thing as the $5 ones I have that I got from some gift shop in Downtown LA but the difference is that these new ones have these letters on the side of them that spell out P-R-A-D-A. I don't know why I paid so much for them but I did. They're not even polarized like another pair of $110 Ray-Bans that I have but these glasses are still selling like hot cakes. I had to wait since last November just to get my hands on them because the store kept selling out. But the thing is that when I put these glasses on they just have a certain solid but comfortable fit that the cheaper glasses don't have. I really could care less what brand it was, I was looking for something with quality and looked nice. Same goes for my taste in automobiles...
Old 03-10-2006, 08:23 PM
lig

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
was '03 E320 - now - '04 S4
^^^ I think you made an interesting comparison with the Prada shades = M-B cars.

Having been in the eye business for nearly 20 years I haven't found anything I like better than Maui Jim sunglasses but that's a personal thing.

I'm sure Barry would know better than I but I'd be willing to bet that Prada sunglasses are made for them by another company.