DIY Parking Sensors

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-11-2006, 03:46 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E320 CDi
DIY Parking Sensors

So I will shortly be fitting some DIY rear parking sensors, in particular the Meta TARGA SR2. Now the instructions instructions say that 2 cable connections are required: One to earth and one to the backup light (i.e. it swiches on when you select reverse).
I have searched the forums and there has been 1 previous thread on the matter with details of how to connect to the plastic carrier https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...hlight=reverse but the instructions are a bit too comnplicated for me. Perhaps it would be easier to connect to the cables as opposed to taking apart the whole of the lights assembly.
I suspect that the two cables to connect to should be visible in the photo taken from the other thread.
If anyone knows which cable is the ground and which cable is the backup light, please let me know. Any help will be much appreciated.

(The pic showing the cables is the fourth one on the forum post. I am getting very frustrated because I dont know how to add images to the post).
Old 03-11-2006, 10:15 PM

Received 263 Likes on 156 Posts
EQS 450 4Matic SUV
color code

I noted the color of the wires in the cable in the first message of the thread you referenced. Here's an excerpt from that post.

"All of the bulbs share the same ground lead which is around the perimeter of the plastic carrier. This ground "trace" is connected to the third pin (brown wire) on the taillight connector. The positive lead for the backup light is connected to the sixth pin (yellow wire) of the same connector. The backup light is the second one from the top."

Originally Posted by 93eng
So I will shortly be fitting some DIY rear parking sensors, in particular the Meta TARGA SR2. Now the instructions instructions say that 2 cable connections are required: One to earth and one to the backup light (i.e. it swiches on when you select reverse).
I have searched the forums and there has been 1 previous thread on the matter with details of how to connect to the plastic carrier https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...hlight=reverse but the instructions are a bit too comnplicated for me. Perhaps it would be easier to connect to the cables as opposed to taking apart the whole of the lights assembly.
I suspect that the two cables to connect to should be visible in the photo taken from the other thread.
If anyone knows which cable is the ground and which cable is the backup light, please let me know. Any help will be much appreciated.

(The pic showing the cables is the fourth one on the forum post. I am getting very frustrated because I dont know how to add images to the post).
Old 03-12-2006, 04:17 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E320 CDi
Ha. Indeed you did. Thanks very much for the reply (and for your separate post).