Hello,
The easy entry/exit feature has stopped working. the feature is still set in
the steer.col+ seat but the only adjustment that gets made automatically, is
the steering column. has anyone had this happen? if yes, what was the
fix? I have a 2003 E320. thanks!
Old 04-01-2006, 02:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'07 s550 4matic
maybe your new seat adjustment is already far back enough. mine doesnt move if my regular position is already far back
Old 04-01-2006, 02:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Build date 2-04 E500
Originally Posted by ahex40
Hello,
The easy entry/exit feature has stopped working. the feature is still set in
the steer.col+ seat but the only adjustment that gets made automatically, is
the steering column. has anyone had this happen? if yes, what was the
fix? I have a 2003 E320. thanks!

Yes, this has happened to me and plenty others here.... Dealer has a fix.
Use the search option in this forum and there will be plenty of reading for you.
Old 04-01-2006, 03:22 PM

E320 CDI W211
easy entry...THE FIX

Ok .....A few days a go I noticed that the seat would not go back when I took the key out of the ignition......It as allways been working ok.

So.......I went into the menu in the display.

It reads convienence.......OFF...STEERING WHEEL...STEERING WHEEL AND SEAT......You have these three options.

For the steering wheel to raise and the seat to go back the display should read (STEERING WHEEL & SEAT). I played around with these settings for a good hour and hellas I could not get the seat to go back even playing around with both keys.

So......Looking here on the threads many people have had the same problem and put this problem down to a bad memory control module.

I am lucky by only living two miles away from MB where I bought the car (2003 E 320 CDI) and I have a very good relationship with head technician ...oh by the way his name is David.

As I drove into the parking lot David was looking at another customers car,two minutes later he greated me and said whats the problem.

I explained that I could not get the drivers seat to go back when I took the key out of the ignition.......as this had been working fine since I had bought the car from new.

David checked first of all that the setting was set to (steering & seat) which it was.

NOW,S HERE THE TRICK.....CALLED RE-SYNCRONISE.

STEP 1. Menu.....key dependent must be OFF.

STEP 2. Exit the car lock the car.....If the windows are open or the roof is open keep you finger on key near the drivers side door handle this will close windows and roof.

Step 3. Wait one minute then open the car (KEEP FINGER ON KEY TO OPEN ALL WINDOWS & SUNROOF.

Step 4. GO BACK TO STEP 2 (close all windows and sunroof by the key method).

Step 5. Unlock enter the car (leave all windows and sunroof in the closed position.

Step 6. (MOST IMPORTANT).......THE LIMITS ALL MUST BE RESET.......BY...
moveing seat foreward to the end stop....then moving seat back to the end stop ( Do this several times as to re-sync the memory).This must be done with all doors,windows,sunroof CLOSED.

Step 7.Go into menu.......convienence ...set to steering & seat....them key dependment to ON you should now be able have different settings for each key.
IF YOU ARE A BIG GUY YOU MAY HAVE TO SIT IN THE PASSENGER SEAT AND LEAN OVER TO OPERATE THE SEAT MOVEMENT CONTROL AS NOT TO CRUSH YOURSELF AGAINST THE STEERING WHEEL.

David said that this prosedure may take several times to work and must be done if the battery as been disconected by any reason.

My battery as never been disconected.................It just lost it,s memory for some unknown reason.

So guys......it may be not a bad memory module as discribed in these forums but just wants a re-sync.

Dam mercedes modules.

Les.......Chesterfield U.K
Old 04-01-2006, 05:18 PM

2018 S450, 2019 Range Rover LWB, 2015 Range Rover, 2019 S560 Cabriolet (awaiting delivery)
Originally Posted by LeslieRushforth
STEP 1. Menu.....key dependent must be OFF.

STEP 2. Exit the car lock the car.....If the windows are open or the roof is open keep you finger on key near the drivers side door handle this will close windows and roof.

Step 3. Wait one minute then open the car (KEEP FINGER ON KEY TO OPEN ALL WINDOWS & SUNROOF.

Step 4. GO BACK TO STEP 2 (close all windows and sunroof by the key method).

Step 5. Unlock enter the car (leave all windows and sunroof in the closed position.

Step 6. (MOST IMPORTANT).......THE LIMITS ALL MUST BE RESET.......BY...
moveing seat foreward to the end stop....then moving seat back to the end stop ( Do this several times as to re-sync the memory).This must be done with all doors,windows,sunroof CLOSED.

Step 7.Go into menu.......convienence ...set to steering & seat....them key dependment to ON you should now be able have different settings for each key.
IF YOU ARE A BIG GUY YOU MAY HAVE TO SIT IN THE PASSENGER SEAT AND LEAN OVER TO OPERATE THE SEAT MOVEMENT CONTROL AS NOT TO CRUSH YOURSELF AGAINST THE STEERING WHEEL.
This isn't some kind of April Fool's joke, is it?