E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

about to go for 20" and need tires recommendation pls..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-28-2006, 02:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W211 Sport AMG Package
about to go for 20" and need tires recommendation pls..

Hello guys,

I know there are lots of experts in this, I have just decided to go for 20" wheels for my W211 2004 E320

my 1st question is that should I go for :

20x8.5(front) and 20x9.5(rear)

or

20x8.5(front) and 20x10(rear) <-- is this 10 width can be possibly fit into my car?

2nd question will be:

could you guys reccomend me tire sizes both for better ride and without doing any modification anymore to my body after I put on my new 20" wheels on and tires later on...

I heard some say and read from the forum that tire setup 245/30/20 (front) will do fine for my car but I am still not sure about this.. could someone clarify..

and what is really 'bolt shave' really means? which part of the bolt should be shaved if something wrong?

last question, I know that I would need to do some lowering after I put on my 20" into my car, and I know that there are some sport springs such as Eibach and H&R, could any1 tell me which one is better or which one is giving more drop or maybe which one is the cheapest or maybe the best ride :P

I know that my questions probably too much and stupid, so please forgive me...

and could any1 just tell me how much is coilover would cost, maybe the cheapest one.. and is it worth it?

thank you thankyou...

Last edited by Elite; 04-28-2006 at 02:54 AM.