E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Keyless GO Global Unlocking?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-02-2006, 12:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 SL500, 2010 C300 4MATIC, 2003 E500 Sport, 1988 560SL, 2005 E500 4MATIC Wagon
Keyless GO Global Unlocking?

Despite what it says in the owners manual, my 03 E 500 with Keyless Go only unlocks the drivers door when I grasp the handle.

Is there a setting I can change to unlock all doors when I pull drivers handle? I think its termed Selective Locking; but I don't know how to change it. I understand the security of having only the drivers door open. Although I'd rather have the all the doors unlock at the same time.

Also- anybody know how to reduce the annoying beeping when you first enter the vehicle before starting or leave the vehicle after stopping the motor?

Thanks,

Dave
Old 05-02-2006, 01:47 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Own by dad: 03 MB E320, 01 MB C180, 99 MB C180, 95 MB C180
Originally Posted by david.marra
Despite what it says in the owners manual, my 03 E 500 with Keyless Go only unlocks the drivers door when I grasp the handle.

Is there a setting I can change to unlock all doors when I pull drivers handle? I think its termed Selective Locking; but I don't know how to change it. I understand the security of having only the drivers door open. Although I'd rather have the all the doors unlock at the same time.

Also- anybody know how to reduce the annoying beeping when you first enter the vehicle before starting or leave the vehicle after stopping the motor?

Thanks,

Dave

Have you try to unlock with the remote? Does it unlock only the driver's door the first time you press unlock and only unlock all doors when you press the second time? if it is then you can change it by pressing the lock and unlock buttons on the remote until the red LED flash three times.

i don't know about the beeping... maybe you can try search the forum...

Hope it helps..

Hades
Old 05-03-2006, 07:47 AM

Received 80 Likes on 63 Posts
'07 GL450
Press the [Lock] and [Unlock] buttons simultaneously for about 6 seconds (until the red LED flashes twice).

Owners Manual: Control In Detail - Opening and Closing I, p94-95.

The beeping can be disabled by a [willing] dealer. Otherwise, pressing one of the steering wheel buttons will stop it (for that moment).