2007 Pricing Question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-09-2006, 09:13 PM
LNL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C300
2007 Pricing Question

I'm considering ordering a 2007 E320 Bluetech. For those who have ordered 2007 E-series cars, what type of deals are you seeing, either from "invoice up" percentages or "MSRP down" discounts? Or are you ordering and planning to cut a deal once pricing is announced?

Thanks,

Lou
Old 06-10-2006, 10:35 AM

Harley-Davidson
Lou - My guess is that the best deals will be on the 2006's until they are all gone. It may be hard to find much of a discount on the 2007's until the initial "newness" of the facelift wears off. Just my opinion.
Old 06-11-2006, 12:00 PM
LNL

C300
Originally Posted by cyclerider
It may be hard to find much of a discount on the 2007's until the initial "newness" of the facelift wears off. Just my opinion.
Two dealers I spoke to were "we'll see" after pricing is announced. Two others were willing to take orders only several percentage points above invoice, which sounded pretty good to me. There doesn't appear to be too many folks who have ordered yet, so I may not be able to guage whether the offers I've received are good one or not compared to what others are getting.

Thanks,

Lou
Old 06-11-2006, 12:18 PM
Almost a Member!

2005 E500 AMG pkg
For a luxery car with average demand (not a new car/design), you are doing well at 3% OVER invoice. If more in demand, and/or where a dealer/brand typically offers a lot of "free" or higher quality service (BMW/Merc/Lexus vs GM/Ford) 4% is quite fair for a dealer, unless demand is out-of-control. Pay more than 4% over invoice, and you are making dealers very happy...

Even consumer reports backs these numbers, when negotiating. Remember, FACTORY incentives like rebates or subsidized interest rates should never be counted in the "discount" being offered by the dealer when starting with MSRP. THis is why you start bargaining from invoice, and ask the dealer to justify markup.