E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Opinion for purchase or... ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-10-2006, 02:35 AM

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
2020 GLC300 4MATIC
Opinion for purchase or... ?

Hey folks - I'm currently leasing a C280 4matic (decked out -- love it) and my lease is up December of 08. I was considering buying my next car, and I absolutely love the E-class styling... and with the revisions coming in the 07 mid-cycle refresh, it sounds like the end model will be a perfect one to purchase.

Here's the problem - In Dec of 08, they will most likely be the 09 models correct? ...and those are the brand new styling, etc - first year glitches and whatnot. So it would be pretty much impossible to custom order an 08 MY to arrive at my lease end in Dec of 08 right? Which would limit me to whatever stock of 08's are still sitting on the lot - which might be good because perhaps I could bargain one down a little bit especially since the styling is changing, etc.

The C-class would be in its second year design at this time ... so thats a possibility depending on the styling it inherits, but second year still doesn't quite compare to the "more perfected" last-year-of-design models.

Also, do you recommend buying or should I stick with leasing? I do drive a bit - about 55k miles in 3 yrs time... and it sure would be a load of fun getting some of those high mileage awards from Mercedes if I were to buy one and keep it for a LONG time...

Opening this topic up for your thoughts... is my lease ending at a bad time or what!?.... looking forward to your input!

- Eric
Old 06-10-2006, 09:05 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'05 E320 CDI;'04 S2k;'94 Supra TT;'10 QX56;'38 Buick;98 Port City Offset Late Model
I think the E212 is introduced in '09 as a '10. Following MB recent intros, it would probably be available in early to mid '09.
Old 06-10-2006, 09:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dalazernet
Hey folks - I'm currently leasing a C280 4matic (decked out -- love it) and my lease is up December of 08. I was considering buying my next car, and I absolutely love the E-class styling... and with the revisions coming in the 07 mid-cycle refresh, it sounds like the end model will be a perfect one to purchase.

Here's the problem - In Dec of 08, they will most likely be the 09 models correct? ...and those are the brand new styling, etc - first year glitches and whatnot. So it would be pretty much impossible to custom order an 08 MY to arrive at my lease end in Dec of 08 right? Which would limit me to whatever stock of 08's are still sitting on the lot - which might be good because perhaps I could bargain one down a little bit especially since the styling is changing, etc.

The C-class would be in its second year design at this time ... so thats a possibility depending on the styling it inherits, but second year still doesn't quite compare to the "more perfected" last-year-of-design models.

Also, do you recommend buying or should I stick with leasing? I do drive a bit - about 55k miles in 3 yrs time... and it sure would be a load of fun getting some of those high mileage awards from Mercedes if I were to buy one and keep it for a LONG time...

Opening this topic up for your thoughts... is my lease ending at a bad time or what!?.... looking forward to your input!

- Eric

In all honesty I don't think buying a Mercedes new is a wise decision if you drive a lot of miles. You would be much better off with a 2-3 yr old one in great condition, and you'll save about 40-50% of the cost. These things depreciate way too quickly when purchased new, particularly the c-class.
Old 06-10-2006, 10:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Harley-Davidson
Originally Posted by dalazernet
Hey folks - I'm currently leasing a C280 4matic (decked out -- love it) and my lease is up December of 08. . .
- Eric
Eric - You are the official winner of the "Planning Ahead" award.