Homelink...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-22-2006, 05:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BMW FTW
Homelink...

So I finally got around to programing the sucker and have a problem. I have a gate opener that wont program into the thing, it wont even show up when I try and program it the lights never start to blink fast. The gate opener works fine in my older ML but not in the new E, I also have the same problem in the BMW and my SA at BMW told me when I had time he would do a software update on the bmwlink so the gate opener would work, he said it had something to do with the length of code used in the gate opener. Has anyone had any trouble programing a remote?
Old 06-22-2006, 08:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
I just programmed both my E55 and my Audi S4,they work great.The gate was easy to do but the garage door has a rolling code so it was a little more complicated.I still carry a back up clicker in both cars just in case though.
Old 06-22-2006, 11:03 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,435 Likes on 3,152 Posts
'71 Pinto
Originally Posted by AndrewAZ
The gate opener works fine in my older ML but not in the new E, I also have the same problem in the BMW and my SA at BMW told me when I had time he would do a software update on the bmwlink so the gate opener would work, he said it had something to do with the length of code used in the gate opener.
Curious, have you tried resetting the memory (you can also find these instructions on erasing in your manual)?

- Switch the ignition on
- Simultaneously press and hold down the outer signal transmitter buttons for approximately 20 seconds until the indicator lamp flashes rapidly.
- The codes of all three channels are erased
- Reprogram
Old 02-19-2007, 04:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
E-class E300e Estate, Sprinter (stretched limo)
Originally Posted by konigstiger
Curious, have you tried resetting the memory (you can also find these instructions on erasing in your manual)?

- Switch the ignition on
- Simultaneously press and hold down the outer signal transmitter buttons for approximately 20 seconds until the indicator lamp flashes rapidly.
- The codes of all three channels are erased
- Reprogram
By crikey I'm pulling my son's hair out over this problem. No sense pulling out my own hair

We have just had two new garage doors fitted, both Garador and both have rolling codes. The old doors were easy to program, but these new doors are
simply impossible. We have reset the memory as per instructions and carried out the new marrying as per instructions but zilch, nothing. I always tend to blame 'user error' so have tried various combinations just in case we got things wrong. I must emphasis that we also frequently reset the memory just in case this was the cause.

Has anyone here got Garador Garamatic doors and successfully programmed their home-link?

Regards
A very frustrated John with a bald headed son
Old 02-19-2007, 12:38 PM

E500
I don't want to spew out info that is found in the Car manual...anyhow there's actually a MB hotline for garage door programing help if any of you haven't tried it...

I have a rolling code door, took me quite awhile to figure out how to get it set - it certainly does help to have an extra person to push the train button on your actual door opening unit.
Old 02-19-2007, 12:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
E-class E300e Estate, Sprinter (stretched limo)
Originally Posted by smb7420
I don't want to spew out info that is found in the Car manual...anyhow there's actually a MB hotline for garage door programing help if any of you haven't tried it...

I have a rolling code door, took me quite awhile to figure out how to get it set - it certainly does help to have an extra person to push the train button on your actual door opening unit.
Thanks very much indeed for the advice.

Boy am I

I have just spent a few hours on the telephone trying to get things sorted out. Evidently the garage door I have is compatible with Homelink and the Mercedes-Benz E-class, but.......................................... It has to be a 2007 E-class. That is a real 2007 and not a US version. How rediculous to change frequencies. The very, very latest vehicles in Europe transmit on 868 mhz thingies The model I have operates on 40 mhz thingie-ma-bobs (technical term) I now have to order a new receiver that couples up to the door operating mechanism, or I suppose I could perhaps order a new car!!

Am I angry or what?

Oh well things could be worse,
Bye for now,
John
In a damp, cold, miserable Torquay
Old 02-19-2007, 01:55 PM

E500
I'd assume changing frequency signal senders isn't exactly cheap...
But i'd suppose there's some solution utilizing your garage's remote control - not just keeping it in the car, but maybe you could somehow take out the transmitter and install it in place of the MB one...all speculation though.

Speaking of crappy situations, my 03 E500's vents in the center console don't seem to work...The outer ones do. Is there some specific setting I can use to verify that the 2 vents in the center don't work?(They're right below the large circular vent facing upward to the windshield) I've never paid attention to those vents before until it was -7 F in Chicago a week or so ago...but they don't give any heat, and oddly the dial in the middle only has a blue arrow...
Old 02-19-2007, 04:12 PM

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts
2003 E500, 2004 G35X
Originally Posted by smb7420
I'd assume changing frequency signal senders isn't exactly cheap...
But i'd suppose there's some solution utilizing your garage's remote control - not just keeping it in the car, but maybe you could somehow take out the transmitter and install it in place of the MB one...all speculation though.

Speaking of crappy situations, my 03 E500's vents in the center console don't seem to work...The outer ones do. Is there some specific setting I can use to verify that the 2 vents in the center don't work?(They're right below the large circular vent facing upward to the windshield) I've never paid attention to those vents before until it was -7 F in Chicago a week or so ago...but they don't give any heat, and oddly the dial in the middle only has a blue arrow...
Try this for your center vents, dial the outter ring of your vent control to >only (air directed to your face),and the air will come out of your center vents.
Old 02-19-2007, 11:52 PM

E500
Thanks Flash, it worked.

But what the hell!? Auto mode doesn't enable the center vents...!?
They're like the most important...