E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

where do I buy brake sh...?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-24-2006, 10:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'03 E500
where do I buy brake sh...?

I've been looking all over and I just can't find the right combo of parts for my 2003 e500. Tried searching forms and the various links provided but nothing. I swear I've been to at least 20 something sites.

I'm looking for porterfield pads (or something comparable with less dust) and crossed drilled rotors for the front. Does zimmerman even make cross drilled rotors for my car? Maybe that's my problem. In any event, anyone in Socal please let me know if you have any info for local shops or websites that could hook a brother up. THanks a mil.

- Tony
Old 06-24-2006, 11:50 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
03 E320 -wife's car now; 07 Porsche Boxster S - my toy
Tony,

Porterfield pads are easy to find either from them or second parties. I'm not sure about an E500 because I have an E320, but I thought E500's came with OEM front rotors that were drilled (and made by Zimmermann). At any rate, check out Brembo's website and don't look in their "Aftermarket" section (OEM replacement stuff), but look in their sport braking section. I think they make what you're looking for.

I think vendors were waiting for the '03 W211's to get some age on them before they would produce anything -- can't make money with dead inventory!! I know I was hounding Brembo for 1.5 years asking them when would they have rotors for my car -- they finally started making them a short time ago.

By the way, did you get the info I sent you? If not, I'll resend it.

Regards,
Paul....
Old 06-24-2006, 11:58 AM

Hey Tony,

Now that I've thought about it, just call Brembo and ask their Aftermarket group first if the rotors for your car are cross drilled and see what they have. When I was searching for my rear rotors, nobody online had them and they told me that Brembo didn't make them. On subsequent calls to Brembo, they confirmed that my rotors WERE available and were sitting in their New Jersy warehouse -- Brembo even linked me up with one of their online sellers/distributors to buy them. Brembo's US office is in CA, so give them a call Monday morning.

Good luck.

Regards,

paul...
Old 06-24-2006, 12:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

209/W210 Estate /W211 modded by MBENZNL
Since you are in So Cal..Pick up the pads direct at Porterfield
1767 Placentia ave
Costa Mesa 949 548 4470
Old 06-24-2006, 01:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'03 E500
Paul,

I did indeed get that info. Thanks alot. My stock rotors are not cross drilled. I'll give brembo a ring.

Mark,

Thanks again. You are always a reliable source of info. I'll get in touch with porterfield.
Old 06-24-2006, 02:44 PM

Tony,

When you get the new rotors, clean them up good wih some brake cleaner to remove the manufacturing oils. There's also some great instructions on how to burnish in a new set of pads on http://www.formymercedes.net. If you pick up the pads at Porterfield's as Mark suggested, ask them if they also have some cleaning/lube kits. It's been 20 days since I installed my Porterfield's and haven't seen any dust yet!!

Regards,
Paul...