E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Need help from the real car experts

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-27-2006, 02:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need help from the real car experts

is an 06 E500W4 w/ prem pkg, lighting pkg, and phone, for 56k a good price(MSRP is 68k), i understand the resale seems low on these cars but i tend to keep my cars for at least 4-5 yrs and thought that this was a good oppertunity to buy, any thoughts from the experts out there?

Not too concerned about the increased power of the upcoming e550

do u think that they are going for less than 12k off msrp, or should i just wait for an 07?

P.s. i was lookin at the GS300AWD, do u think thats a better car?

greatly appreciate the help,

Sam
Old 06-27-2006, 05:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2015 ML 350
If a Lexus & an MB "feel" the same to you, buy the Lexus if you hate tons of little "electronic gremlins" (putting it nicely)... and you like everything to work all the time!
Old 06-28-2006, 12:33 AM

No it’s obvious that MB's drive and feel has always been superior to lexus', no one should really tell you otherwise. On the other hand I really have almost had it with the sales/service experience at MB. It may be because I'm a younger customer who’s a minority, but the snobbish attitudes at these dealerships should really be done with. I’ve tried to ignore that and focus on the car, but Lexus has been improving recently and IT IS the better car to live with on a day to day basis, from easy to use controls to the little gadgets that reduce the stress of everyday NYC traffic. So no they don’t “feel” the same, but then again at times I’d rather not have the MB because of the whole snobby image that Mercedes may portray
Old 06-28-2006, 04:41 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
All Diesel Fleet !1983 240d stick,2005 E320 CDI Midnight blue, 2005 E320 CDI, Desert Silver, Kubota
Buy it!!!

If the 06 is equipped the way you like it, and the color is right for you, buy it. After 9 Benz's, there is simply nothing like a Benz. Any car has glitches. They all get fixed eventually. There are lots of people who never have problems. Sounds like a good price. Go for it.
Old 06-28-2006, 05:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
Tesla Model S P100D
Originally Posted by xyzcdq
is an 06 E500W4 w/ prem pkg, lighting pkg, and phone, for 56k a good price(MSRP is 68k), i understand the resale seems low on these cars but i tend to keep my cars for at least 4-5 yrs and thought that this was a good oppertunity to buy, any thoughts from the experts out there?

Not too concerned about the increased power of the upcoming e550

do u think that they are going for less than 12k off msrp, or should i just wait for an 07?

P.s. i was lookin at the GS300AWD, do u think thats a better car?

greatly appreciate the help,

Sam
My advice is to do European Delivery on a 2007 E550. You'll save an extra year of depreciation and after 4-5 years that will be worth of $5,000 by itself. Also most likely the 2006 E500s will depreciate more because of the extra performance of the E550. I think the 2007s also have a better whip lash protection system for the seats. I'd definitely go for a 2007 E550 and I think you should still be able to get one equipped the way you want in the late 50s.

Nothing is more of a turn off than an arrogant dealership when purchasing a car. I remember just walking out of an Audi dealership once because I couldn't take the smug attitude any more. What's up with these dealerships that sell German cars? Every single Lexus dealership I had visited, the experience has been exemplary. I would still buy a MB and I think in that price range, nothing beats the E.

MB really has to get their act together with how their customers are treated at dealerships. It seems a few dealerships have got it right but the others have some way to go.
Old 06-28-2006, 02:25 PM

thanks for the advice i haven't been able to find the color combo that I really wanted and I can't justify getting a color that I don't feel much for. I've called about 6 different dealers... with that said i'll hold on to my current car and I'll go in to order one hopfully with a bit off msrp if possible. thanks for the help will be sure to post pics once i have the car

sam

Last edited by xyzcdq; 06-28-2006 at 02:32 PM.
Old 06-28-2006, 02:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
Tesla Model S P100D
Originally Posted by xyzcdq
thanks for the advice i haven't been able to find the color combo that I really wanted and I can't justify getting a color that I don't feel much for. I've called about 6 different dealers... with that said i'll hold on to my current car (02 4.4i X5) and I'll go in to order one hopfully with a bit off msrp if possible. thanks for the help will be sure to post pics once i have the car

sam
Also don't forget that a 2006 E500 will be worth only about $50K in about 6 months from now when it is 2007 and the 2007 models are out everwhere. Why take a $5-8K hit in 6 months? I'm sure you can still negotiate a good deal in the late 50s for a E550 eqipped the way you want.