E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

SIRIUS Radio Help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-28-2006, 07:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question SIRIUS Radio Help

PLEASE HELP!!!
I have 2003 e500 and just bought Sirius STARMATE REPLAY ST2C.... Radio. There is lot's of feedback noise using the fm tranmitter and I tried all the station it's bad. So I decided to get SIRIUS FM Modulator Relay and plug it directly into the back of my stereo. To my shock in the back of my stereo there isnt an input for the antena. As many cars as I dealt with there always been one. It's my first MB obiusly. Does anyone know what is the blue input with a small metal circle in it and inside the little circle is a thin metal rod or whatever? This is in the back of a stock '03 e500 stereo. I need to know how I can plug in the FM modulator to my car or perhaps use the blue plug. PLEASE HELP>
Old 06-28-2006, 08:01 PM
DWP
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'08 AM Vantage V8 - '03 E500
Hope you get an answer to your question (I don't have one) but in case you don't find a way to plug in your FM modulator ... I get pretty good results with inputting an XM MyFi portable into the otherwise-useless cassette player on the '03. The MyFi came with the cassette adapter in the box but they are obtainable separately. Yes, it's more wire clutter, but if you can't input directly into the M-B head unit, it's a fallback.
Old 06-28-2006, 10:36 PM

The cassette solution is usually a step up in sound quality over FM modulation anyway.

Just a thought, is there a gain adjustment for the FM transmitter hidden somewhere in the Replay's menu settings? You could also test by slowly moving the Replay closer to and then away from the car and check to see if sound quality improves. Try it in another car or with one of your home radios to see if the unit itself is okay?
Old 06-29-2006, 01:07 AM

Originally Posted by DWP
Hope you get an answer to your question (I don't have one) but in case you don't find a way to plug in your FM modulator ... I get pretty good results with inputting an XM MyFi portable into the otherwise-useless cassette player on the '03. The MyFi came with the cassette adapter in the box but they are obtainable separately. Yes, it's more wire clutter, but if you can't input directly into the M-B head unit, it's a fallback.
Thanks DWP...
You right it's the wire clutter that I hate. I hope someone knows what this input is.... or maybe I can use some kind of adapter with it....
We will see....
Old 06-29-2006, 01:11 AM

There is only signal strength meter that's all... I wish there was a gain adjustment...I will try moving it or another car, but have a good feeling the feedback noise wont improve... Can they have a CLEAN radio freqency for people like me....Damn
Old 06-29-2006, 05:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 96 Likes on 52 Posts
2015 E250D
THE FM tuner on your car is not behind the radio. It's part of the Audio Gateway which is located in the trunk on the left side.
Old 06-29-2006, 11:29 AM
DWP
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'08 AM Vantage V8 - '03 E500
Search this forum with "modulator". Several threads look to be relevant to your question.