E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

What's included in the warranty services?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-06-2006, 05:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What's included in the warranty services?

Hello All,

I'm new and just bought a 2003 E320 w/ 28k and a little less then a year of warranty. Currently, there are a few problems that I want to know if I could take it to the dealer and have to fix with the warranty coverage.

1. The car is a little shaky at 60-70mph. I did upgraded to a 17" 2004 E500 rims, bought used with 3000k miles on the tires. Could this cause the shaking? Or could it be that the tires are out of balance?

2. There are some wind noises through the front 2 windows. Can I ask the deal to check or fix it for free?

3. My Service F is due in 3k miles. Is this covered under the warranty? If not how much does it cost?

Thank you all for you help.

-Neih
Old 07-06-2006, 10:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 184 Posts
'07 GL320CDI, '10 CL550
Warranty coverage is defined in vehicle service document. You can get a replacement if yours is missing.

Dealer will laugh at you regarding problems with nonoriginal wheels.
Old 07-07-2006, 03:45 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
K Car
Originally Posted by neih59
Hello All,

I'm new and just bought a 2003 E320 w/ 28k and a little less then a year of warranty. Currently, there are a few problems that I want to know if I could take it to the dealer and have to fix with the warranty coverage.

1. The car is a little shaky at 60-70mph. I did upgraded to a 17" 2004 E500 rims, bought used with 3000k miles on the tires. Could this cause the shaking? Or could it be that the tires are out of balance?

2. There are some wind noises through the front 2 windows. Can I ask the deal to check or fix it for free?

3. My Service F is due in 3k miles. Is this covered under the warranty? If not how much does it cost?

Thank you all for you help.

-Neih
As for the shaking, they could very well be caused by your used wheels. Fixing this would not normally be covered under warranty, so you might be better off taking to a local shop to make sure they are balanced. Could also be your alignment which also is not covered under warranty.

For the windows, it all depends on why there are wind noises. Again, if anything "after market" was done to your car, say like tinting, and something was damaged in the process, or not installed correctly, this would not be covered under warranty. If it's caused by normal wear and tear, or a faulty part, then it would be covered.

Since your car is a 2003, I believe that the maintenance program was included as part of the purchase price of your car for up to 4 years. If this is the case, then the service F would be included. However, if you were to need new brakes, rotors, wipers, or any other worn out parts, they would not be covered. The best way to ensure if you are covered on this plan is to call a MB service department and ask. You will need your VIN number.

Lastly, since your car's original manufacturer's warranty is about to expire (in the next year or so), and it appears that you are planning on keeping the car longer than this, it's a good time to start thinking about an extended warranty. It's a lot easier to purchase one now then later.