E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Long-Term ownership paint colors?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-08-2006, 02:39 PM

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
2017 E300W
Originally Posted by glojo
Thanks for bringing a smile to my face If memory serves me correctly, the Delorean was never painted!! It had a buffed, polished bare metal horrible finish. I think, but am definitely not sure, but I think it was aluminium (aloooneenum??? )
Actually, it's stainless steel:

http://pndc.org/bloomberg.htm
Old 07-08-2006, 02:42 PM

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
2017 E300W
Originally Posted by rickyfanmdr
According to my detailer, white is the second hardest color to maintain after black. It stains easily.
Your dealer must know about some tough stains that penetrate the nano clearcoat.
Old 07-09-2006, 12:29 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 E320
Originally Posted by TPAbnz
Your dealer must know about some tough stains that penetrate the nano clearcoat.
Actually, I was talking about my last Mercedes that I had for 17 years. It still had its original white paint, and with a lot of work, it still looked like new.
Old 07-11-2006, 05:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2016 E350, 2013 C300 4MATIC, 2004.5 C230SS
Originally Posted by konigstiger
P-B-27-50/59a MAR06 Transmission in Limp Mode, more than likely they will replace the valve body and/or flange and readapt.
Exactly what they told me.

Originally Posted by Barry45RPM
That is absolutely deplorable service by the dealers in your area. I would call MBUSA & let them know how shabby you are being treated. How are you supposed to have an appointment for an emergency breakdown? On second thought, it really isnt an emergency breakdown... its a usual failure of something on the damn car, you just didn't know what was going to fail, so you couldn't have an appointment planned in advance. Next time you should be expecting something to fail about once every 5 weeks.
I end up towed the car in anyways on Saturaday even though the dealer told me they can't take it. I figure I don't want to take the Monday off to deal with car trouble.

To my surprise, they took it in and found a loaner ('05 C230SS, with dirty interior, typical Enterprise rental) for me. I guess it's because when they ask me if I need a ride back home, I answered "of course, my car was towed in. Don't you have a spare loaner? " But I was told they won't get to my car 'til Monday.

Yesterday SA called told me the valve body has failed so the car went into limp home mode. Everything will be fixed today including a transmission service campaign and service C. Not too bad after all.