E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Phone and Voice control installation

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-13-2006, 12:38 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'06 E500, '99 ML430 and '07 SL65
Phone and Voice control installation

OK, I have been looking around the the forum to get a feeling on what is needed and how much work is involved in getting Bluetooth functionality in an '06 E500. The car is supposed to be pre-wired for phone integration but I haven't been able to find any info on the VC stuff.

So my first question is how much is needed to get VC installed and working? Reading the installaing guide from MB (http://www.overgaardweb.com/dl-files...20Installation .pdf) it doesn't seem too difficult. I asked my dealer and was told that the wireing is not in the car and the tech needs to pull wires from the trunk to the dash. Does that sound right?

Sencond question, do I need VC to get BT functionality? And what do I gain by adding VC?

Third question, how much work is involved in installing the phone cradle and getting it ready for the BT adaptor?

Finaly, does anyone know the prices for the MB parts needed for BT/phone and VC?

Thanks,
-S
Old 07-13-2006, 12:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
see sig
Good question.
I am also wondering the same.
Old 07-13-2006, 03:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

209/W210 Estate /W211 modded by MBENZNL
Contact Steve @www.mbenznl.com re prices on the VC Kits
Old 07-13-2006, 03:33 PM

'06 E500, '99 ML430 and '07 SL65
I called the dealership and was told to call wireless4mb.com. I did and the lady I talked to told me that I would get full functionality when it comes to the phone itself (Bluetooth or cradle) with just the phone kit. I would be able to answer calls, see on the display who is calling and browse the phone book.

VC would on top of that allow me to speak commands such as 'Call home..' etc. If that is not important then the phine kit should be enough. I have sent an email to MBenzNL asking for priceing so I am waiting for a quote.
Old 07-13-2006, 04:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2015 ML 350
Originally Posted by sgaar
VC would on top of that allow me to speak commands such as 'Call home..' etc. If that is not important then the phine kit should be enough. I have sent an email to MBenzNL asking for priceing so I am waiting for a quote.
VC will also give you Voice Control to change radio stations, go from AM to FM, to CD to CD Changer, dial a person by Name or to simply say "Dial Number 516 555 1234 (with the numbers spoken in groups like I typed it) & a couple of other things. Its kind of neat... but the windows have to be closed because too much background noise makes it hard for the unit to understand you. With the windows up, its almost perfect how it works. Much better than GM's.

There are no comands to switch to or within Satellite Radio.