E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Maintenance of leased vehicle

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-17-2006, 05:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
08 S550 Sport Pkg
Maintenance of leased vehicle

For those who leased their Mercedes, do you take the car to the dealer for the FSS services? If you don't since you don't like to pay for glorified oil changes, but take it to an independent mechanic or DIY, how do you document the maintenance other than keeping receipts? I read the lease agreement and it doesn't say that it is a requirement to take it to an authorized Mercedes center for service. Just don't want to run into an issue when returning the car when the lease is up.
Old 08-18-2006, 12:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 Aspen, 1970 Corvette, 2000 Corvette and 2009 Legacy Limited
Originally Posted by 2005E500
For those who leased their Mercedes, do you take the car to the dealer for the FSS services? If you don't since you don't like to pay for glorified oil changes, but take it to an independent mechanic or DIY, how do you document the maintenance other than keeping receipts? I read the lease agreement and it doesn't say that it is a requirement to take it to an authorized Mercedes center for service. Just don't want to run into an issue when returning the car when the lease is up.

Yeaaah... about that maintenance stuff... I am leasing too. My dealership almost put me in time out when I brought the car in for a check up that was about 1K over... (I am busy...you know). They told me as part of the deal... I need to have interval service. I just replied... "so... you want the car back or shall I just leave with it..." Of course I left... and OF COURSE I power braked the hell out of it leaving the lot.. heheheh.. I am 35 going on 4...

I do believe it is better to have MB do the check ups so they can't stuff it you know where at turn in time. Now others may jump in and say different...but this is what MY dealership stated...