E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Japan Command - Engineer Mode

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-11-2006, 08:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
07 E63
Japan Command - Engineer Mode

Hi all. I have finally successfully got a DVD to play on my imported E500. The command (and Car) is from Japan. I have have not been able to play DVD's up until now as they either say "wrong region" or "check your disk"

I now know that the regions are locked to 2 (Japan) and 4 Australian/NZ and Asia. I am in NZ. The disk that worked was region 4 NTSC. If I could remove the region code locking then any NTSC disk would work which is around 1/3 of my collection.

I am going to try burning some DVD's with no region code in NTSC and experiment etc. Not ideal but still.

What I need to do is get into the engineer mode on this unit. I have tried all the threads I can find on this board and others with key combinations but with no success to date.

If anyone has successfully got into the engineer mode on a Japan 02/03 command then please PM me.

P.S The DVD that worked was Batman and Robin the first Black and white series from TV. Hillarious
Old 09-12-2006, 08:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 98 Likes on 52 Posts
2015 E250D
you can change region coding with the dealer DAS computer.
Old 09-12-2006, 07:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
07 E63
Originally Posted by sunman
you can change region coding with the dealer DAS computer.
The dealers here are a bit useless. We tried for around 1/2 an hour to find what we could change using the dealer DAS and nothing was obvious from the menus/places he went into.

I might go back and have another try. Do you know where they need to navigate to?