E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

lowering rear with washers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-15-2006, 12:31 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'07 s550 4matic
lowering rear with washers

Has anyone been able to lower the rear by adding washers to the sensor bolts? I have heard this can be done as an alternative to drilling out and extending the current holes. From what I've gathered, only one of the bolts should be adjusted. Which is the correct bolt?
Old 09-15-2006, 01:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by hotwiredbenz
Has anyone been able to lower the rear by adding washers to the sensor bolts? I have heard this can be done as an alternative to drilling out and extending the current holes. From what I've gathered, only one of the bolts should be adjusted. Which is the correct bolt?
hi, its has just one sensor for both of rear wheels ( that is good thing, cus its less work to do than the front)
if you already know where the sensor (in middle of the car and right b4 the differential housing) but you have to drill BOTH of the bolts not just one, and move them about 2-7mm depent how low you wanna be and direction is toward the back of the car or mufflers watever. its VERY easy to do if you use the right tool, the best tool is dremel ( correct me if i spell it wrong).
i did it with my car and i really enjoy the look after, im still waitin for posting pics system got back so i can post my car pixs to share with your guys.
Old 09-15-2006, 07:10 PM
dsc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2004 E55
You can put a spacer between the sensor and the mount. This will lower the rear end. I used a spacer kit from Altered Atmosphere in MD. It is an all alluminum corosion resitent spacer kit machined to fit the sensors and evenly lower the car about an inch all around.

I put the Renntech module on now because of much wider and larger wheel/tires on the car but I still have the kit if anyone is isn't in buying it. It was $250 new.
Old 09-16-2006, 02:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i wonder if they have camber kit for the rear wheel, to stop the tires uneven wear??? cus w211 body its doesnt have anything for us to adjusting the rear wheels, even ....camber and toe.
i just change 2 of my rear tire for almost $700 after 10k miles, it was paintfull.