E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Best Deal on Phone for 07' E350

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-19-2006, 03:54 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best Deal on Phone for 07' E350

The car has everything needed except phone & cradle. I'm leaning towards the non-bluetooth because the phone will stay charged and reception is supposed to be better using the car antenna.
BUT what phone?. What Cradle?. AWS to buy?. or EBAY. AWS say's if I buy a phone thought Verizon - Cingular - Tmobile not guaranteed to have software upgrade needed?. What to believe?. I just want a handsfree phone in my car!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-19-2006, 06:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
209/W210 Estate /W211 modded by MBENZNL
www.mbenznl.com ...Several choices ALL OE mercedes phones ..even Bluetooth
Old 09-19-2006, 07:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W211 / E280
Whatever you do, I woud not deal wit AWS......

Honestly, I would be worried about ordeing anything from the idiots at the website above, I wrote an email with the basic description of the car I have on order and the phones I currently use:

From: tim@getaws.com [mailto:tim@getaws.com] On Behalf Of
Sent: Sunday, September 17, 2006 5:09 AM
To: info@getaws.com
Subject: Fwd: Compatibility

Sorry I forgot to add beow that the hand phones I curently use are the following: Siemens S65, Siemens S75, Siemens M65 and my wife has a Nokia N80. All of these phones are bluetooth capable.

Thanks

<xxxxxx@yahoo.com> wrote:

Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2006 20:34:03 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Compatibility

HI,

I am writing in regard to the compatibity of your product "MHI Bluetooth Interface Module Model Year 2005 - 2007" and my new car due in next month. My new car is a 2006 E280 made in Germany and shipped over to SE Asia . The Mercedes special version code for the mobile phone package is "388" and is described as "Phone Mobile , MTUS-System". Is you BT interface compatible with this unit and will it work and if so, how much and how do I order and if not, then do you have a BT interface compatible with my system in my car?

Thanks in advance,

Best regards,

Here is the response I got back:

Dear Robert,

Thank you for contacting Auto Wireless Solutions. We have received numerous inquiries from around the world regarding the Mercedes-Benz MHI Bluetooth interface products.

Unfortunately, the product is in very limited supply and we are unable to even satisfy our North American customers and dealers. At this time, I suggest you contact your Mercedes-Benz distributor in SE Asia for the availability of this product for your market. Each market has different vehicle specifications which may affect the performance of this product.

Also, the Siemens S65, Siemens S75, Siemens M65 and the Nokia N80 are not Mercedes-Benz approved phones

Cheryl Kearney

Auto Wireless Solutions

248-609-2321 x230

8am-4pm EST

M-F

OK, supplies are tight but she is telling me either telling me in a polite way, we DO NOT WANT nor NEED your business OR we have no idea what Mercedes version code 388 is and we do not know anything about the compatiblity. Oh and to tell me that Mercedes does not recommend Siemens phones is like telling me the pope is NOT Catholic. Mercedes and Siemens have a great partnership, alliance and work together quite closely. The Siemens handphones actually have the same prefix as the Mercedes cars, ie. A series, M series S series and SL series.

http://emercedesbenz.com/Jun06/22_Me...uet ooth.html
Old 09-19-2006, 07:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
209/W210 Estate /W211 modded by MBENZNL
Originally Posted by Jakarta Expat
Honestly, I would be worried about ordeing anything from the idiots at the website above, I wrote an email with the basic description of the car I have on order and the phones I currently use:

From: tim@getaws.com [mailto:tim@getaws.com] On Behalf Of
Sent: Sunday, September 17, 2006 5:09 AM
Subject: Fwd: Compatibility

Sorry I forgot to add beow that the hand phones I curently use are the following: Siemens S65, Siemens S75, Siemens M65 and my wife has a Nokia N80. All of these phones are bluetooth capable.

Thanks

<xxxxxx@yahoo.com> wrote:

Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2006 20:34:03 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Compatibility

HI,

I am writing in regard to the compatibity of your product "MHI Bluetooth Interface Module Model Year 2005 - 2007" and my new car due in next month. My new car is a 2006 E280 made in Germany and shipped over to SE Asia . The Mercedes special version code for the mobile phone package is "388" and is described as "Phone Mobile , MTUS-System". Is you BT interface compatible with this unit and will it work and if so, how much and how do I order and if not, then do you have a BT interface compatible with my system in my car?

Thanks in advance,

Best regards,

Here is the response I got back:

Dear Robert,

Thank you for contacting Auto Wireless Solutions. We have received numerous inquiries from around the world regarding the Mercedes-Benz MHI Bluetooth interface products.

Unfortunately, the product is in very limited supply and we are unable to even satisfy our North American customers and dealers. At this time, I suggest you contact your Mercedes-Benz distributor in SE Asia for the availability of this product for your market. Each market has different vehicle specifications which may affect the performance of this product.

Also, the Siemens S65, Siemens S75, Siemens M65 and the Nokia N80 are not Mercedes-Benz approved phones

Cheryl Kearney

Auto Wireless Solutions

248-609-2321 x230

8am-4pm EST

M-F

OK, supplies are tight but she is telling me either telling me in a polite way, we DO NOT WANT nor NEED your business OR we have no idea what Mercedes version code 388 is and we do not know anything about the compatiblity. Oh and to tell me that Mercedes does not recommend Siemens phones is like telling me the pope is NOT Catholic. Mercedes and Siemens have a great partnership, alliance and work together quite closely. The Siemens handphones actually have the same prefix as the Mercedes cars, ie. A series, M series S series and SL series.

http://emercedesbenz.com/Jun06/22_Me...uet ooth.html
Contact Steve @ www.mbenznl.com he CAN help you re phones there are several EURO MB phones that will work in your car..That are NOT listed for sale in the US . He also has the Voice control system all OE Mercedes
Old 09-20-2006, 12:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2015 ML 350
I think they were trying to tell you in the nicest possible way, that they are a North American supplier, and that there are suppliers of what you need located in your market area. They did not want to step on the authorized distributor's toes in your market.

Anything they would sell you here would be a "Gray Market" item in your area. Service would be a nightmare for you both and such a purchase would ultimately end up with a refund and hurt feeling all around. They are most familliar with the N. American market cars, and you know how incompatable items from one market can be in another.

They really did you a favor brushing off your sale, as politely as possible, thats all.