E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Ash leather interior

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-01-2002, 01:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 C300 4matic
Ash leather interior

I’m considering the ash leather interior, but have heard some people complain of an annoying reflection of the dashboard in the windshield to the point of being annoying while you drive. Anyone with an ash interior, do you see this reflection and is it a real problem?

I prefer the ash over the charcoal because I find the charcoal too dark. I know that ash is more difficult to keep clean, but I don’t have any kids or dogs in the car to get it dirty.

Thanks!
Michele
Old 09-01-2002, 04:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ash in E500.

No reflections at all. For more pics check out:

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...threadid=15972

Last edited by VroomVroom; 09-03-2002 at 01:17 PM.
Old 09-01-2002, 10:22 PM

2001 ML320
I've seen all the interior colors except the pacific blue. They are all nice but...I don't like the lack of contrast between charcoal and the woods which detracts a lot from that color. The stone is nice and classy - my last three cars had that interior (or very similar) so I wanted a change. The ash is terrific - my dealer has said it is the most popular. Has a nice 'cool' aura and goes great with both wood options (sport vs non-sport).
Old 09-03-2002, 11:19 AM

E320, Lexus RX 300, Nissan Xterra
Re: Ash leather interior

Originally posted by Mikalish
I’m considering the ash leather interior, but have heard some people complain of an annoying reflection of the dashboard in the windshield to the point of being annoying while you drive. Anyone with an ash interior, do you see this reflection and is it a real problem?

I prefer the ash over the charcoal because I find the charcoal too dark. I know that ash is more difficult to keep clean, but I don’t have any kids or dogs in the car to get it dirty.

Thanks!
Michele
I have the ash interior and I have experienced NO such problems.
Old 09-06-2002, 01:36 AM
Almost a Member!

Question

Kassav, this color looks like Stone to me. However, I saw it in the showroom and they said it was Ash. HOWEVER, I saw another car in the parking lot labeled "Ash" and it was definitely more of a Gray color. What am I missing??? I am completely confused as to what is Ash and what is Stone! For example, you're saying the picture above is "Ash" and the one above VroomVroom posted is also labeled "Ash". These do not appear to be the same interior colors. I thought Vroom's picture was Ash and yours would be considered Stone. I'm ready to place my order, but now I am totally confused - don't want to order the wrong color and be completely surprised when it arrives!

Last edited by vectra; 09-06-2002 at 01:46 AM.
Old 09-06-2002, 01:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 CLK 55 AMG Coupe ;)
Re: Re: Ash leather interior

Originally posted by Kassav
I have the ash interior and I have experienced NO such problems.
The dash with the ash is darker than the ash. That's why there are NO reflections.

I like your dark floormats. Are those the honeycomb design all weather MB mats? I use those ALL the time.
Old 09-06-2002, 01:51 AM
Almost a Member!

Re: Re: Re: Ash leather interior

Originally posted by karl k
The dash with the ash is darker than the ash.
The dash with the ash is darker than the ash? What does this mean? Are there two "ash" colors? There is something that I am missing here and I can't figure out what it is. I thought ash was the grey-like color that Vroom posted, however, Kassav's color seems to be Stone. Again, does this mean there are two types of ash? Please clarify.

Last edited by vectra; 09-06-2002 at 01:59 AM.
Old 09-06-2002, 03:23 AM

Refer to the post entitled "Interior-I'm Confused" by Vectra,that should sort it all out.
Old 09-06-2002, 10:26 AM

Originally posted by vectra
Kassav, this color looks like Stone to me. However, I saw it in the showroom and they said it was Ash. HOWEVER, I saw another car in the parking lot labeled "Ash" and it was definitely more of a Gray color. What am I missing??? I am completely confused as to what is Ash and what is Stone! For example, you're saying the picture above is "Ash" and the one above VroomVroom posted is also labeled "Ash". These do not appear to be the same interior colors. I thought Vroom's picture was Ash and yours would be considered Stone. I'm ready to place my order, but now I am totally confused - don't want to order the wrong color and be completely surprised when it arrives!
Vectra, I ordered ash and that is what I got. I like it though. I am attaching another picture that may help. Maybe it is just the picture quality. What I have got is not brownish as would have been with the stone leather.
Old 09-06-2002, 10:31 AM

Re: Re: Re: Ash leather interior

Originally posted by karl k

I like your dark floormats. Are those the honeycomb design all weather MB mats? I use those ALL the time.
I don't know what these floor mats are. I just temporarily borrowed them from my wife's car. I will be getting the all weather mats from MB this weekend.
Old 09-06-2002, 11:03 AM
Almost a Member!

Originally posted by Kassav
Vectra, I ordered ash and that is what I got. I like it though. I am attaching another picture that may help. Maybe it is just the picture quality. What I have got is not brownish as would have been with the stone leather.
Thanks Kassav! Also, I figured out what the difference was. The two "Ash" colors that I saw in person were on two different models - one was on the regular E500 and the other was on the Sport E500. It was the same Ash, however, the Sport model had light blue tinted windows (very faint, but blue nonetheless) and it changed the entire appearance. However, I went back, let all of the windows down on the car, and it was then evident that it was the same Ash grey. Also, the Black Birds Eye trim on the Sport (along with the tinted windows) made it look even more grey. It's amazing how subtle changes can make a HUGE difference in how the color comes across.

Last edited by vectra; 09-06-2002 at 11:24 AM.
Old 09-06-2002, 12:31 PM

2001 ML320
Vectra,

I think another reason you were confused was the comment about the dash being a darker ash...

Remember, the interior is a two tone with the lighter color leather complimented by a bit darker shade on the plastic (or whatever it is ) dashboard tops,etc.

Stone is MUCH different, a very light beige with a hint of yellow.
Old 09-06-2002, 04:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 CLK 55 AMG Coupe ;)
Re: Re: Re: Re: Ash leather interior

Originally posted by vectra
The dash with the ash is darker than the ash? What does this mean? Are there two "ash" colors? There is something that I am missing here and I can't figure out what it is. I thought ash was the grey-like color that Vroom posted, however, Kassav's color seems to be Stone. Again, does this mean there are two types of ash? Please clarify.
The dash and top of the doors are a darker color tone to reduce reflections.

Yes, the interior is two-tone, as you see in the pix.