E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Soliciting quotes for EDP 07 Bluetec.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-02-2006, 03:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Soliciting quotes for EDP 07 Bluetec.

I'm now ready to get some quotes for my 07 E-320 Bluetec. If anyone has any suggestions of dealer contacts (preferably in the Southeast) who are known to deal/discount off of MSRP for EDP, I'd appreciate it if you could forward their contact info along.

Also, if anyone has any current information on discounts / dealer incentives / etc, I'd be grateful for that information too. Since the Bluetec isn't here yet, I don't have a feel for if they're even discounting them off of MSRP.

Thanks,
Talbot
Old 10-02-2006, 06:09 PM
Administrator

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
EDP is 7% discount of MSRP as well as no shipping charge. That is shown on MBUSA. Do you want additional discount?
Old 10-04-2006, 11:21 AM
Almost a Member!

2005 E500 AMG pkg
Originally Posted by Talbot
I'm now ready to get some quotes for my 07 E-320 Bluetec. If anyone has any suggestions of dealer contacts (preferably in the Southeast) who are known to deal/discount off of MSRP for EDP, I'd appreciate it if you could forward their contact info along.

Also, if anyone has any current information on discounts / dealer incentives / etc, I'd be grateful for that information too. Since the Bluetec isn't here yet, I don't have a feel for if they're even discounting them off of MSRP.

Thanks,
Talbot
I have had the same question, as I am too thinking of EDP for an '07 E320 CDI.

There is great info and precedence for BMW discounting off of EDP Retail (which is already 7% below Retail MSRP for BMW too). Many BMW dealers will discount another 1000, even $2000 off of EDP published price, knowing their dealer cost is about 7% further below the already 7% discounted published EDP price. This is expected, as MB and BMW would never expect the dealer to make no margin by selling EDP retail, which roughly equals invoice/wholesale price for US delivered cars. In addition, BMW dealers are more willing to discount EDP cars as these orders do not deduct from their fixed allocation of cars. It is pure incremental business, and a little margin is better than zero.

I would have to assume that MB treats their dealers very similar as BMW to theirs. Likewise, I am hoping to find a MB dealer who will discount about a $1000 off of EDP price, or include an extended warranty or future service of equivilant value.

I havn't had time to search the forum; anybody have luck with decent discounts off of MB EDP price???
Old 10-04-2006, 01:17 PM

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
2017 E300W
You can order from any US dealer and have the car delivered at no additional cost to whatever dealer you choose. Hunt around for whomever will give you the best discount in addition to the 7%.

I suggest you do a search on this forum to check what concessions others have gotten.

An additional $1,500 or free Ralley package seems to have been mentioned.
Old 10-04-2006, 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by amdeutsch
Do you want additional discount?
Yes.
Old 10-04-2006, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by TPAbnz
I suggest you do a search on this forum to check what concessions others have gotten.
Of course I did that first. I found little in regard to specific numbers, and nothing really current. There are about as many posts that suggest no further discount as ones that suggest there is. I'd like to see some specific figures, really, so I can gauge what to expect.

Talbot
Old 10-05-2006, 05:14 PM
Almost a Member!

2005 E500 AMG pkg
Originally Posted by Talbot
Of course I did that first. I found little in regard to specific numbers, and nothing really current. There are about as many posts that suggest no further discount as ones that suggest there is. I'd like to see some specific figures, really, so I can gauge what to expect.

Talbot
Knowing dealer margin is half the battle. From there, you can negotiate with the dealer what is a "reasonable" markup OVER their cost, rather than a "generous" discount FROM consumer list price. I will be working with the assumption that MB dealers and MB have a similiar EDP price structure (I know the benefits offered in Eur are slightly different). With this assumption, dealer cost or invoice price for a EDP car should be about 7% below EDP published price (which is already about 7% below MSRP normal US retail).

The rough rule of thumb, for a car that is not just entering/leaving the market and supply and demand are roughly balanced, is for domestic car to target about 3% above dealer cost/invoice (w/o mfg incentives), and for import cars with prestige/luxury, about 4-5% over their cost. Here is a basic example with my assumptions:

Price : Profit
MSRP/retail 50000 : 3500
EDP retail or Normal delivery wholesale 46500 : 3255
EDP wholesale 43245

My target (EDP wholesale * 1.04) 44975 : 1730

Trending Topics

Old 10-05-2006, 06:03 PM

I agree with the mathmatics, but do we really know for sure that a dealer has the same markup (7%) on EDP?
Old 10-05-2006, 07:19 PM
Administrator

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Rumor has it that they get a comission from MBUSA to fill out the paperwork. I would bet that there are some on here that know the answer but don't part with it.
Old 10-05-2006, 08:20 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
LS7 powered Corvette
I have seen an ML320 CDI roaming about. I won't say where b/c it is pretty hush hush right now. Supposedly it doesn't exist until the 15th of this month.

It has a V6 and is turbocharged.
Old 10-05-2006, 09:41 PM

Texas isn't all that far from Vance.
Old 10-06-2006, 12:52 PM

2007 E550 and 2007 335i
the dealers have a good markup on ED

The dealers have a similar mark-up for ed cars as regular cars. The dealers tend not to want to push ed because a lot can change in the buyers mind from the time you order the car 3 months before pick-up and then 2 months latter when you must pay for the car. Some people get cold feet ,some want to change options or the model altogether. The salesperson would much rather sell off the lot or dealer trade and get the sale done and commission paid right away. You should be able to get at least $2000 off the euro msrp of an e350, e550 etc. Once you are sure exactly what you want, then work a few dealers until they agree. I would recommend the black forest rally package ...very cool hotels..

Good luck and enjoy

Stevec32
Old 10-06-2006, 04:21 PM

What I want isn't going to be on anybody's lot, so it is going to be an order anyway. So far, it is pretty surpising just how little the sales people (and sales managers) know about ED in general.
Old 10-09-2006, 12:48 AM

So far, my best deal is $900 over invoice and another offer to bring my best offer and they'll try to beat it. All of that strictly via e-mail. Oh, now those prices are for conventional delivery. I've yet to get anyone to budge on ED. Yet.