"Trade Keys Offer" - Upgrade your MB with little to no money difference

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-18-2006, 12:57 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
w211 & w124
"Trade Keys Offer" - Upgrade your MB with little to no money difference

Yesterday I received an offer from my dealership (South Bay MB) that calls for current owners to "Trade Keys". They claim that there are great factory incentives and that my 2005 E-Class' residual value is at an all-time high (a little skeptical about that). Anyway, they are offering for the next 4 days to take back my car, regardless of how much I owe, and put me in a new '06 or '07 model of my choice with little to no money down and no change to my monthly payment (assuming I stay within the same price range). On the flyer they have pictures of the new S550 and GL550 but I doubt I'd get either one of those with no money and no increase in payment.

I haven't seen an offer like this before so I am wondering if it's just a new marketing strategy with the same old goal of getting you back into the dealership or if it is really a good deal. I know this summer I was looking into the possibility of trading in my E for an R and my salesperson called me back and told me not to even bother unless I was willing to pay about $11k for the negative equity on my E. After that I just gave up on any chance of ever trading in my car. Now, I'm wondering if I should...

Anybody else see something like this?

Last edited by Brian_I.; 10-18-2006 at 01:14 PM.
Old 10-18-2006, 01:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'03 S55 AMG, '01 CLK55 AMG
Originally Posted by Samoan_Ridah
Anybody else see something like this?

I haven't seen it, but I would take them up on the offer if they gave it to me.
Old 10-18-2006, 02:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
I got that for my Touareg, I called my service advisor and was told, “all BS aside it is a marketing scheme to get you in a new car so we can make money on yours by selling it as a CPO.” So it was just to lour me into the dealership by offering a great trade on a new Touareg while still giving me at or below trade in value for my car. I passed.
Old 10-18-2006, 03:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2015 ML 350
"Little or no money down" - OK, your car is worth a good few thousand bucks so thats not unreasonable.

"No change in your monthly payment" - Entirely possible. But what they arent telling you up front is how long (how many more months) you now will have that same low payment. Its gonna be 2 years or more longer than your current car loan, will be paid off later than your current obligation, and more than likely at a higher interest rate than you paid a while back. So yeah, the payment will be the same, but the length, and interest are longer and higher. What they are not telling you is how much the new car is, and what they are paying you for yours, just that the monthly payment will be the same.

Remember when you bought yours? The most important questions were How much is the new car and what's my trade worth? Smart people want to know how much their purchase is going to cost, not just how little they have to mail in per month.

...a very "crude" promotion for the smart, successful MB buyer. What they are really offering you is:
Would you rather finish your 48 month jail sentence in your current cell for the next 24 months and then be released or change jails with us & have this great new jail cell untill we let you out.
Old 10-18-2006, 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by Barry45RPM
Would you rather finish your 48 month jail sentence in your current cell for the next 24 months and then be released or change jails with us & have this great new jail cell untill we let you out.
That made me laugh out loud.
Old 10-18-2006, 06:14 PM
Banned

AMGs
Originally Posted by Barry45RPM
...a very "crude" promotion for the smart, successful MB buyer. What they are really offering you is: Would you rather finish your 48 month jail sentence in your current cell for the next 24 months and then be released or change jails with us & have this great new jail cell untill we let you out.
Hahahahaa... Nicely put.
Old 10-19-2006, 10:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
2004 E320
+1 to that Barry....very funny !