E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

my intro :)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-12-2006, 11:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2017 GLC300 4MATIC
Talking my intro :)

(I have taken the liberty of posting this intro in the OFF-TOPIC forum as well, for obvious reasons)

Hey Everyone!

My name is Marc, and I would like to introduce myself as my Dad and I just acquired the first Benz in the family: a 2006 E350, for Mom!

Having been a member of X5world.com for nearly a year because of my 2001 X5 4.4; and 6speedonline.com because of my Dad's 996 C4S; I realized I absolutely needed to find a good Benz community now that my Mom has her beautiful silver/black/rosewood E350! FWIW, although I found MBW on my own, my good friends over at X5world.com also highly recommended this community and I'm pleased to have joined

And before anyone starts, yes, I know:

THIS THREAD IS WORTHLESS WITHOUT PIX

I will have pix up as soon as my Dad gets them off his camera; my folks are up in the Bay Area and I'm obviously currently down in SD since finals are just a few weeks away!! (aside: whoever said second year of law school is easier than first year was on crack; if may be "less difficult" but i'd hardly call it "EASIER" lol)

Anyway, I'm pleased to make your acquaintance and look forward to future correspondence ESPECIALLY since I've known for quite some time now that my car after finishing law school will mostly likely be some variant of the SL, preferably, of course, a pre-owned SL 55

Cheers everyone,

--Marc

P.S. Before you ask, CROSVS is pronounced so that the "V" is the Latin "U" -- hence, "CROSUS" as in "BVLGARI".
Old 11-13-2006, 12:07 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Welcome aboard. You'll find lots of info on the E class here. I'd go so far as to say that the E and C are the best represented models here. Sweet, another SD member.
Post those pics ASAP!!
Old 11-13-2006, 01:06 AM
DWP
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 AM Vantage V8 - '03 E500
Welcome. Is "Crosvs" possibly an alternative spelling of "Creosus"? Just kidding ... I think.

Don't be put off by the posts criticizing one aspect or another of the W211 Benz that you may see here. It's human nature to share complaints more than satisfaction, although you'll also find bouquets tossed in the direction of Stuttgart here.

Incidentally, I don't recall anyone saying that the second year of law school is easier than the first. The level of paranoia is greatly reduced, to be sure, but the level of work is increased by horrors like Tax, Commercial Paper and Federal Jurisdiction, not to mention internships, law review and moot court. Third year is when you get to coast.

- UCD King Hall '72
Old 11-13-2006, 07:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Its big and Grey!
Well my mom has a 2006 silver CDI. Whatcha got now? huh, huh?

Welcome to purgatory!
Old 11-13-2006, 11:43 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,435 Likes on 3,152 Posts
'71 Pinto
Welcome and best of luck. Any questions, don’t hesitate to ask. Marc, curious where in the Bay Area do your parents live. I have a real estate buddy in Fremont. And my daughter’s over at CA Western, started in August.
Old 11-13-2006, 03:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes E350, E550s on it's way!
Welcome to MBforums!

So now you must... "burrow" your Mom's car and do some upgrades. Rocket launchers, oil spills, tack dropper?

Last edited by AkMadness; 11-13-2006 at 03:48 PM.
Old 11-13-2006, 04:49 PM

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
2017 E300W
Welcome! Take it from me, your third year in law school will be a coast. Enjoy it.
Old 11-13-2006, 09:26 PM

2017 GLC300 4MATIC
Hey everyone-

Thanks for the warm welcome To answer some of the questions now:

* actually, I chose the name CROSVS before ever having even learned of Creosus and was pretty thrilled when i discovered his historical significance esp since i was very entrepreneurial while at ucla!

* my folks live in marin; in mill valley

* i'm stuck in PB -- totally not my scene, but nice apt complex -- although the bikinis make me miss my beautiful persian gf up in bevery hills

As for the car, my mom is totally in love with the thing -- she absolutely loves it And even my dad is loving it, which says a lot, as he's even more of a hardcore car guy than i am (to wit, his 996 C4S)

Anyway, I get a kick out of it and am super happy for my mom esp since she's persian, and for those of you who live in "Tehrangeles," lol, I'm glad she now has the official Persian Mom-mobile

Last edited by CROSVS; 11-13-2006 at 09:31 PM.