buying a 04 320 sports,needs your advise

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-06-2006, 05:53 PM
Tag

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 Mercedes E350 ,2006 BMW M3 Competition Package
buying a 04 320 sports,needs your advise

Hi all, i am about to purchase a 04 320 sports , i have never owned a MB before but i have heard these cars are problematics especially for those that were manufactured in 03s..i would like to hear from you 04 owners as far as issues that i should be aware of..the one i am looking at is a 04 model but manufactured in 9/03.
i am currently driving a 01 bmw e39 5 series, it has been extremely liable and served me well over the past 5 years, it has never once gave any trouble. i just want to try something new and this MB 320 is on top of my list.
any input or thought will be highly appreciated!
Old 12-06-2006, 11:18 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
sold - w211 e320, f250, rx7 race car
I have a 1/03 production E320 Sport. I don't regret any minute of it. I bought it with 14k miles and currently it reads around 28k. You don't mention mileage on yours. Don't forget, the 03 and 04 have 4 yr/50k mile warranties with FREE maintenance (excludes brakes/tires, etc... but covers oil changes, etc.) You have nothing to worry about if the miles are a good bit under 50k. Have the VIN service history checked, not the easiest to get all dealers to do but can be done.
Old 12-07-2006, 12:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
04 E320 SPORT (black/black)

Hi its not a bad car, just a few corks atleast with ours - we bought an 04E320 SPORT w/airmatic suspension, coming from a BMW this may not bother you, but the sport version w/airmatic is a little loud (u do hear road noise) we bought ours in 02/06, it was produced in 10/03, so i replaced the rear tires - it made a huge difference (my dealer took 5 days to get the tires and they are OEM so they cost around $290/pop installed), also heated steering wheel is luke warm, asked the dealer- they said its fine but then next day called to tell me that they replaced module - its still no better than before. when i bought the car the windshield wiper fluid was only coming out of one nose, so i thought maybe its low, i put in the fluid and found out that it came out right from the bottom while i was pouring it in, so the delaer said they had to replace the piping which is not covered under the mfgrs warranty, so that was $250. we went from mazda millenia to this car and my wife really wanted it, its got the cache, it drives finally like we had expected once we replaced the tires. because i had heard some not so great things about the vehicle i made sure i ran the vehicle check report, also bought additional extended warranty to cover my butt! i would look into a 4matic especially if you are somewhere cold..overall we like the car..i didn't mean to sound negative in my comments above but am only highlighting the issues we have had so far. also our car is equipped w/bluetooth but the previous owner took the battery i believe from the device which i didn't know when i bought the car. also MB wiper blades are only available through dealer and a set will run you $75.

Last edited by mmanchan; 12-07-2006 at 12:03 PM.
Old 12-07-2006, 01:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2015 ML 350
But the wiper blades outlast conventional wiper blades by at least 3 times, unless winter ice screws them up.