E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Tele aid 07' E350

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-19-2006, 11:09 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tele aid 07' E350

So I just read on the Tele aid site that January 1, 2008 analog tele aid will no longer work?. are the 07' e350's equipped with analog or the new digital system? The reason I ask my free year will end in July 07' and they have my credit card info. for automatic renewel and I don't want to pay for a full year if it becomes no good in 08'. AND does tele aid offer any type of traffic naviation upgrade?. other than calling and asking directions?.
Old 12-20-2006, 12:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
4 wheels
They have the new digital modules. So dont worry.
Old 12-20-2006, 09:30 AM

2013 SLK
I understand, but for what cost? If MB going to flip for the cost?

John
Old 12-20-2006, 11:43 AM
DWP
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 AM Vantage V8 - '03 E500
Older W211s (like mine) use analog cellular service for Teleaid. The cellular carriers are being allowed to discontinue analog service after 2007. The carriers are eager to discontinue analog coverage (and have been letting it deteriorate for years) and so analog Teleaid will effectively go away in 2008, although in many areas it has already gone away. Last year I tried to use Teleaid along I-5 in Oregon and it couldn't connect, even though my CDMA Sprint Treo worked just fine.

Owners with analog Teleaid will have to convert to digital (at the owner's expense) if they want to continue Teleaid service after 2007. Last time I looked, MBUSA hadn't stated a conversion cost. Owners of cars with digital Teleaid, like the '07, won't have to do anything but continue paying the annual charge.

Teleaid doesn't provide any traffic information tied into the navigation system. So far as I know, only some Acuras and Infinitis have that feature, and it's tied into XM satellite radio. Sirius has made some noises about offering a similar feature someday.
Old 12-20-2006, 02:40 PM

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
'23 EQE 350 4MATIC
Originally Posted by DWP
Teleaid doesn't provide any traffic information tied into the navigation system. So far as I know, only some Acuras and Infinitis have that feature, and it's tied into XM satellite radio. Sirius has made some noises about offering a similar feature someday.
Just like everything else, there is a price for everything. MB offers "Tele Aid Luxury & Convenience Package" that includes "... up to the minute details on traffic conditions along your route" (up to five routes can be personalized on the Tele Aid website); or, if you are within a specified (?) radius of your vehicle's present location. This package is also available on a "per-use basis" if you have subscribed to the "Tele Aid Security & Care Service."
Old 06-09-2011, 01:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 E 350
Smile E350 TELE AID

I have an 2008 e350 and have no interest in renewing my subscription. I take the kids out a lot and they like to push buttons in the car that activates the sos system and the operater will be on sometimes when I get back in the car. Is there anyway I can fully deactivate it permanently so my kids will not be able to activate it anymore?

Last edited by ASTON_RAPIDE; 06-09-2011 at 02:19 PM.
Old 06-09-2011, 04:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
Tesla Model S P100D
Originally Posted by ASTON_RAPIDE
I have an 2008 e350 and have no interest in renewing my subscription. I take the kids out a lot and they like to push buttons in the car that activates the sos system and the operater will be on sometimes when I get back in the car. Is there anyway I can fully deactivate it permanently so my kids will not be able to activate it anymore?
I assuming telling your kids not to execute the nuclear launch sequence that you have to go through to initiate a SOS call did not work...

Maybe I'll understand when I have my own kids
Old 06-09-2011, 04:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Porsche 991S, Cayenne S, 1972 BMW 3.0CS E9 Coupe
Originally Posted by ASTON_RAPIDE
This doesn't make sense to me

If you "have no interest in renewing" your subscription, then the system will be off. They can push all the buttons they want, it's "deactivated permanently" already. You can turn it off right now by just calling TeleAid and cancel.

And it's pretty difficult to not only reach the SOS button (for a child), but you have to open the plastic cover and then push the button. And it's not very obvious that there's even a button to push. Somebody must have shown them how to do it.......