Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 E350 4MATIC
seat belt chime

how do you disable the seatbelt chime on a 2007 E350...Thanks Jimmy
Old 12-23-2006, 10:59 PM
Administrator

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Why would you not want to wear your seatbelt and thereby disable the chime?
Old 12-23-2006, 11:37 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Not sure about the '07, but you can turn off the chime through star on the '06. Only problem is you also deactivate it for everything else as well. Things like, leave the lghts on, keys in, etc.
Old 12-23-2006, 11:54 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
makes your daughter horny
Where is the speaker mounted? If a software disable removes all other functions of the beeper you might as well just do a "hardware" disable and cut the wires..

A lot of times when I'm pulling out of my garage or even a parking spot in a parking lot I like to leave my seat belt off in order to gain better visibility.

So far no one has side swiped me while pulling out of my garage ala office space but I guess you never know...
Old 12-24-2006, 01:02 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by W Cole
Where is the speaker mounted? If a software disable removes all other functions of the beeper you might as well just do a "hardware" disable and cut the wires..

A lot of times when I'm pulling out of my garage or even a parking spot in a parking lot I like to leave my seat belt off in order to gain better visibility.

So far no one has side swiped me while pulling out of my garage ala office space but I guess you never know...
I suppose you could. What else is on that alarm? Do the parktronic sensors feed it?
Old 12-24-2006, 04:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

BMW FTW
I freaking hate it... Especially how it works for the passenger side also. The other day for the first time I got a message that said "airbag disabled on passenger side". I assume it was because they did not put the seat belt on fast enough.

Dam the chime....
Old 12-24-2006, 09:06 AM

2007 E350 4MATIC
I always wear my seatbelt but some passangers dont and the chime goes off. Its quite annoying.
Old 12-24-2006, 10:09 AM
Administrator

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
In that case I would make them wear it. In some states, when caught, tickets are issued.
Old 12-24-2006, 10:29 AM

Merce-rati
i helped a friend with a ferrari 360 cut the wires on the seatbelt buzzer, but im not sure if anything else feeds in on the benz
Old 12-24-2006, 06:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

BMW FTW
Originally Posted by eLTURCOamg
i helped a friend with a ferrari 360 cut the wires on the seatbelt buzzer, but im not sure if anything else feeds in on the benz
Its connected to the computer with sensors or something.. If you dont have a seat belt on you get a more annoying message displayed saying the airbag is off. How hard is it to buckle it takes 2 seconds and could save your life.
Old 12-24-2006, 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by AndrewAZ
Its connected to the computer with sensors or something.. If you dont have a seat belt on you get a more annoying message displayed saying the airbag is off. How hard is it to buckle it takes 2 seconds and could save your life.
Really? On the E Class I thought the airbag on/off warning had to do with weight only? I'm not sure about the logic involved but..

When I have my backpack full of books on the passenger seat (~30 lbs) I will get the "low weight detected airbag disabled" message on the cluster. But if i have no weight on the passenger seat the airbag will be disabled however it wont display the warning in the cluster.

I'm pretty sure our cars are setup to allow you to put a babys car seat in the front - to be able to do this they need to disable the airbag whent he low weight of a small child is detected.
Old 12-24-2006, 10:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

BMW FTW
Originally Posted by W Cole
Really? On the E Class I thought the airbag on/off warning had to do with weight only? I'm not sure about the logic involved but..

When I have my backpack full of books on the passenger seat (~30 lbs) I will get the "low weight detected airbag disabled" message on the cluster. But if i have no weight on the passenger seat the airbag will be disabled however it wont display the warning in the cluster.

I'm pretty sure our cars are setup to allow you to put a babys car seat in the front - to be able to do this they need to disable the airbag whent he low weight of a small child is detected.
I knew she was skinny... But I didnt know she was that small to turn off the airbag lol. She has to be 110-120lbs, and after she but the belt on the warning on my display went out about the airbag along with the airbag off light.
Old 12-25-2006, 05:29 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
some slow@$$diesels
Originally Posted by jangy
Not sure about the '07, but you can turn off the chime through star on the '06. Only problem is you also deactivate it for everything else as well. Things like, leave the lghts on, keys in, etc.
you have been misinformed...all beeps & bells can be switched off/on separately

- seatbelt (replace it with SILENT IC messages about pass or driver not wearing the belt)
- key in lock (US, canada only setting)
- keyless go's most anoying "don't forget key"
- lights left on
- going faster then 120kmh (even more annoying then all others together)

The parktronic beeps from the parktronic display btw

greetingz,
Old 12-25-2006, 11:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 911 C4S
Steve,

What kind of a feature is that? Beeping going over 120km/h? That would be freaking annoying....
Old 12-25-2006, 02:37 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
17 E220D, 11 E350 CDI(sold), 06 CLS320 CDI (sold), 05 Cadillac DeVille (gone), 04 E320 CDI (sold)
I had this disabled in my 04 E Class, it was just a quick change in the Star Diag.

When I went to get it disabled in my 06 CLS, it was much more difficult. I had to sign a waiver that got faxed to Stuttgart (!), then they eventually faxed back a special code that would let the technician reset the chime through star diag. The code is only good for one specific car. The waiver is kept on file in case my surviving relatives decide to sue MB, it also specifies that I will pay to have the chime re-enabled when I sell the car.

What a ridiculous performance for a feature that should be able to be turned on and off through the onboard settings.

It is none of MBs business whether I choose to wear the belt or not. Drivers should be free to weigh the risks and benefits themselves and make a grown-up decision.

Last edited by johna1; 12-25-2006 at 02:46 PM.
Old 12-25-2006, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by johna1
I had this disabled in my 04 E Class, it was just a quick change in the Star Diag.

When I went to get it disabled in my 06 CLS, it was much more difficult. I had to sign a waiver that got faxed to Stuttgart (!), then they eventually faxed back a special code that would let the technician reset the chime through star diag. The code is only good for one specific car. The waiver is kept on file in case my surviving relatives decide to sue MB, it also specifies that I will pay to have the chime re-enabled when I sell the car.

What a ridiculous performance for a feature that should be able to be turned on and off through the onboard settings.

It is none of MBs business whether I choose to wear the belt or not. Drivers should be free to weigh the risks and benefits themselves and make a grown-up decision.
PAY to have it re-enabled? What is wrong with MB? Lexus does all of this for free at the dealer.. its called customer service.
Old 12-25-2006, 06:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 3 Posts
2004 E320
Okay, after reading all this....I'm wondering and thankful that my car doesn't have the seatbelt chime. I might get some flak for this, but I don't wear my seatbelt most of the time and I've never experienced any chimes/warnings. Weird how some people have it..and my car doesn't.
Old 12-25-2006, 07:11 PM

"A Mercedes-Benz product"
Originally Posted by amdeutsch
In that case I would make them wear it. In some states, when caught, tickets are issued.
Yea, tell me about it
Old 12-26-2006, 06:02 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
some slow@$$diesels
Originally Posted by Kev04C320
What kind of a feature is that? Beeping going over 120km/h? That would be freaking annoying....
that one is listed as the GULF STATE WARNING...apparently all cars in that area beep when one is driving too fast...
Originally Posted by johna1
...that is because MB changed the software in their cars and it is becoming impossible to simply change settings with stardiagnose when one only has a regular stardiagnose...so unless one has stardiagnose with enabled optional features one has to get codestrings from MB in order to change some simple settings

greetingz,
Old 12-29-2018, 04:55 PM

Received 130 Likes on 105 Posts
20' RCF, 18' NX, 09' E350, 07' Solara, 05' STi, 01' Ranger
Does anyone know how this is disabled? I simply want to turn the chime off for the seat belt. I looked in STAR/DAS and could not find anything in the cluster to disable it. I don't mind keeping the red icon on the cluster on just want to completely disable the annoying chime.

Thanks,
-Nigel
Old 12-30-2018, 01:26 AM

Lexus IS
Originally Posted by NewShockerGuy
Does anyone know how this is disabled? I simply want to turn the chime off for the seat belt. I looked in STAR/DAS and could not find anything in the cluster to disable it. I don't mind keeping the red icon on the cluster on just want to completely disable the annoying chime.

Thanks,
-Nigel
There's may be an app out there that allows you to do it. On my Lexus I have an app called Carista and a Bluetooth obd- I am able to turn off seatbelt chime blinker volume, even hide miles lol. The app does not support older Mercedes I looked into it and tried it myself. Only thing that works in basic diagnostics. App is called Carista.
Old 12-30-2018, 12:10 PM

Received 130 Likes on 105 Posts
20' RCF, 18' NX, 09' E350, 07' Solara, 05' STi, 01' Ranger
I use TechStream for my wife's Lexus/Toyota. Works great and actually does a ton. Being that I have STAR/DAS I don't need Carista. STAR is the oem software that MB uses to diaganosis the vehicle and code things. I've coded several things using it but the annoying seat belt chime I want to turn off. I just can't find where to do it and I've looked everywhere in cluster options.

-Nigel
Old 12-31-2018, 09:32 AM

Lexus IS
Originally Posted by NewShockerGuy
I use TechStream for my wife's Lexus/Toyota. Works great and actually does a ton. Being that I have STAR/DAS I don't need Carista. STAR is the oem software that MB uses to diaganosis the vehicle and code things. I've coded several things using it but the annoying seat belt chime I want to turn off. I just can't find where to do it and I've looked everywhere in cluster options.

-Nigel
Where did you get your version of star? I notice it's not to much like tech stream where it's sold left and right on eBay unless I'm not looking correctly.