E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Any Word On The New E ?¿

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-08-2007, 12:44 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
LS7 powered Corvette
I know I'll have it when it comes out, regardless of what it looks like.
Old 01-08-2007, 01:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 290 Likes on 203 Posts
2013 650i Coupe, 2010 IS250 AWD, 1999 S500
Originally Posted by CY
I remember that chop, from way back....what the hell will happen to the CLS when the new Eplatform comes? Like I said before it is cost efficient to change the CLS soon after the E, but how the hell will they pull it off?...the CLS is crazy looking from the future....but those new E chops are sick...they give us too many options damn it.
Different plants and the new platform won't be radically different from the old. Its the same way the change the C-Class and the SLK stayed on the old chassis for years afterwards, ditto for the 01 C-Class to the 03 CLK. The new C will come out and within the next few years everything moves to it, same thing will happen with the E and CLS. The CLS hasn't even gotten a facelift yet so it has a little while more to go after the new E.

M
Old 01-08-2007, 01:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by iBenz
This past November I visited Paris and was told by a long-time MB executive (also occupies an office in Stutgart, I believe) that MB well "most probably" release the next generation E class sometime in '09 as a 2010 model.

It is noteworthy to mention that there is a serious debate within MB as to the E-class' trade mark oval headlights... some want to build on that even further and maintain still that distinction, while others believe it is time to depart from the round theme and adopt "sharp edges"... the Auto Bild impressions are a good example.

Personally, I would like to see the "ovals" remain and taken to yet a new level.
Interesting. Yeah I too would like to see the ovals remain, it has become the E's trademark. Every Mercedes doesn't have to have the same face. I see the new C is going to have the face and rump of the new CL. The E needs to show the next generation of MB styling like the 1995 model did. The new C we know will look like a baby S-Class, but the E has always broken new ground so the ovals should remain but updated, refreshed along with some new themes overall for the next E.

M
Old 01-08-2007, 02:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C55AMG W203; 330i E90
The 2009 E-class W212 will continue to be looked as family, executive or as plain normal as it has always been. The CLS has been designed to offer people who don't like the E-class look saloon. The recent not so 'handsome' facelift of the plain E-class hinted that the new E-class will look like a smaller S-class. There will be no more "4-eyes" headlamps in any MB new generation models.
Old 01-09-2007, 02:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007-E350
i honestly think the new E class needs to step it up in options. im tired and bored of all the same stuff. there options aren't even that great. i think MB needs to improve on these.....

#1 navigation for sure...it sucks! how about some real time traffic.

#2 sound system. i have the Harmon Kardon in my E and my bro just picked up a 06 c350 with the basic sound system. im really disappointed because all that car needs is a sub. the highs are really great. sorry i can't say the same for me.

#3 back up camera. if a m35 has a back up camera why doesn't a MB ¿

#4 voice recognition. my benz should be able to talk to me.

#5 hid fogs....if im going to have them on the top..u know i want them on the bottom.

#6 hid interior bulbs. how hot would that be?

#7 automatic door closer....if its on the trunk ..i want it on my door too.

#8 heads up display.

#9 tv's in the head rest from the factory....for the kiddy's...or watchin ****.

i could probably come up with some more crazy stuff. but ill just leave it at this.
Old 01-10-2007, 02:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I think they'll do most of those upgrades considering the huge increase in equipment and features MB just revealed for the next C-Class. The next E and SL will have all the S/CL stuff and more.

M
Old 01-10-2007, 11:41 AM
DWP
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 AM Vantage V8 - '03 E500
Originally Posted by MR_560SEC
i honestly think the new E class needs to step it up in options. im tired and bored of all the same stuff. there options aren't even that great. i think MB needs to improve on these.....

#1 navigation for sure...it sucks! how about some real time traffic.
#2 sound system. i have the Harmon Kardon in my E and my bro just picked up a 06 c350 with the basic sound system. im really disappointed because all that car needs is a sub. the highs are really great. sorry i can't say the same for me.
#3 back up camera. if a m35 has a back up camera why doesn't a MB ¿
#4 voice recognition. my benz should be able to talk to me. ...

i could probably come up with some more crazy stuff. but ill just leave it at this.
That's not crazy talk. The '07 Infiniti G35 sedan has (optionally) a non-sucking 21st-Century nav system with real-time traffic (#1), a sound system better than the HK (#2), a back-up camera (#3) and voice control of climate, entertainment and navigation - you talk to it. (#4). Let's not even talk about the ability to rip CDs to the Infiniti's hard drive. Fully equipped, it also costs about 30% less than an E350. No Tristar on the hood, though.
Old 01-10-2007, 01:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2015 ML 350
They both ride/feel the same when new too, but 10,000 miles down the road, you know what your inside of blindfolded.

...There's NO QUESTION the Benz is built to higher standards than the rest. In exchange, so far, at least, you trade off a lot of gee whiz electronics for the rock solid build. Each owner has to decide if a car designed for 15 years of ownership is what they want, or 39 Months of gee whiz electronics amazement.

There's also that "nebulous" chachet that goes with owning a Benz. They are regarded by the Public as being an enviable object. A manufacturer cant "buy" that, it is earned over time. (And thats not to say that Lexus, Infiniti and even Acura, aren't starting to make inroads there! ...because they are. Now if Acura/Honda would make the RS a little bigger or sportier & stick in a V8, they'd probably jump over Infinity & be just behind Lexus.
Old 01-10-2007, 02:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 E350 4Matic, 2012 Kia Soul+
Options. I'd like street names and a slightly larger display on the NAV. Voice Contol is already available and from what I understand it works pretty well. I had it in the M35 and found it worked like sh*t. The backup camera in M35 was appreciated because of the high trunk, but I don't miss it as much as I thought I would in the E. But I'm sure they'll make it available in the W212. I'm sure we'll see LED brake lights, too.

Doors that pull shut would be fun. I don't see any big value in lighting changes. I'm pretty happy with the light package I bought in the 06.

For me more rear room is more important than a CLS appearance. I'd also like to see rear seat heat.
Old 01-10-2007, 02:38 PM
DWP
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 AM Vantage V8 - '03 E500
Originally Posted by Barry45RPM
They both ride/feel the same when new too, but 10,000 miles down the road, you know what your inside of blindfolded.

...There's NO QUESTION the Benz is built to higher standards than the rest. In exchange, so far, at least, you trade off a lot of gee whiz electronics for the rock solid build. Each owner has to decide if a car designed for 15 years of ownership is what they want, or 39 Months of gee whiz electronics amazement.
I was seriously considering the new G35 sedan not long ago, which is why I'm so schooled on its electronic toys. I finally realized that I would get tired of playing with said toys in a lot less than 39 months, at which time I would have what amounts to a really well-equipped Nissan Altima on my hands. So, I'm with you on the benefits of long-time Mercedes ownership, even though a few more electronic toys (say, a back-up camera) might be nice.
Old 01-24-2007, 05:33 PM

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
'08 CL65
http://www.emercedesbenz.com/Jan07/2...n_E_Class.html