E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Tire Pressure Monitoring Error (Reactivate)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-05-2007, 08:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 E500
Tire Pressure Monitoring Error (Reactivate)

So last week, the tire pressure monitoring system kept coming on in the morning when the tires were cold. I assumed it was because tire pressure was at 29 psi, when I typically run 33 all around (per my dealership). It is an 03' E-500.

Directly after filling them, I now get an error (for 3 days now) saying that the tpms needs to be reactivated.

Is this something that needs to be done by the service dept., or can it be done manually? I've only had the car for 5 months, so this is the first time I've ran into it.

Thank you for the suggestions,

Nick
Old 01-05-2007, 12:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2015 ML 350
After adding/losing a lot of air, the system needs to be reactivated. I think its making sure that you didn't dismount the tires from the rims & move the rims around, so that when it reports the location & pressure of the tire, it knows what wheel position the transmitter is located on on the car, & displays it properly on the dash. (You might have rotated the tires, for instance.)

With the tire pressure graphic on the display, you press the R button on the cluster, it will ask you Reactivate? & then you press "+" for yes. Then you drive around for about 7-10 minutes & the pressures will reappear.

Yeah, I'm gonna miss that feature. I'm too old & crotchety to bend over & check tire pressures weekly anymore.
Old 01-06-2007, 06:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 E500
Thank you again sir, works like a dream!