E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

How much do Mercedes salespeople earn?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-19-2007, 11:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How much do Mercedes salespeople earn?

My salesman told me he was the number one salesperson at a high volume Mercedes dealership ( He only told me this after I ask. He wasnt bragging) He says that he sells an average of 14 Mercedes per month for the last three years. He also got an award for selling the most AMGs a while back. I believe he is good. What could a saleman earn selling 14 cars per month? I would like to sell MBs if I sell my current business someday.

Nickel Mania
Old 01-20-2007, 12:44 AM

05 SL500, 02 BMW Z3 (Mrs. VF), 05 FJR1300, 91 ZX-11
Barrier Motors in Bellevue WA has an ad in the help wanted for sales people that says the top sales people make 100k+
Old 01-20-2007, 01:35 PM

2004 E500, 2019 S560
Originally Posted by Nickelmania-Dal
My salesman told me he was the number one salesperson at a high volume Mercedes dealership ( He only told me this after I ask. He wasnt bragging) He says that he sells an average of 14 Mercedes per month for the last three years. He also got an award for selling the most AMGs a while back. I believe he is good. What could a saleman earn selling 14 cars per month? I would like to sell MBs if I sell my current business someday.

Nickel Mania
What determines a good salesman.

a) The number of cars he\she sells
b) Loyalty to the buyer by not providing bs.
c) The BS they spit out to get a customer to buy the car
d) Provids help even after you sign for the car.
e) A & C
f) B & D
Old 01-20-2007, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by SushDawg
What determines a good salesman.

a) The number of cars he\she sells
b) Loyalty to the buyer by not providing bs.
c) The BS they spit out to get a customer to buy the car
d) Provids help even after you sign for the car.
e) A & C
f) B & D
This guy was not pushy at all. I did notice that every time I went into Ewing he was on the phone working a deal. He never sits still. Always working. Some of the other salespeople tend to lounge around the show room. This guy appears to be constantly busy.

He actually called me back a few months after I happened to be just browsing around at that dealership. This guy says he alway call evyone back to see if there ready to buy. He comes across well. Not a BS artitist at all. Just to the point and full of knowledge.

I stop by his desk one day to pick up paper work and over heard him discussing a $2000.00 per month lease payment with a man over the phone. I ask him often he has a conversation like that. He says it happens all the time.

Nickel Mania
Old 01-20-2007, 05:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2015 ML 350
The early bird catches the worm. Get there, & get to work panning for gold. The more you pan, the more likely you'll get some gold. Essentially a car salesman is almost in his own buisness, he has a desk at the showroom & the benefit of the store's advertising & reputation... everything else he has to drum up for himself, since the salesmen take turns greeting people as they walk in the door, they have to follow up on every possibility... even going thru lists of people whose leases are coming due, and new people who move into the community and service their MBs at the facility.

It aint easy or glamerous, but you only notice them when they are delivering a car, and everyone's smiling and happy ...or informing a tire kicker about the car and the salesman is "on". There are alot more "Thanks, I was just looking's" than "Great! I'll take it's!". ..but you have to take your stance & swing for a homer with every pitch.

Last edited by Barry45RPM; 01-20-2007 at 05:55 PM.
Old 01-20-2007, 05:40 PM
lig

was '03 E320 - now - '04 S4
Well put, Barry.

To the OP - my brother's neighbor makes ~10K/month selling Mercedes-Benz vehicles.

You can make more at a domestic dealership if you have some experience and are willing to lower your moral standards. A good F&I guy there can exceed 200K.
Old 01-20-2007, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by Barry45RPM
The early bird catches the worm. Get there, & get to work panning for gold. The more you pan, the more likely you'll get some gold. Essentially a car salesman is almost in his own buisness, he has a desk at the showroom & the benefit of the store's advertising & reputation... everything else he has to drum up for himself, since the salesmen take turns greeting people as they walk in the door, they have to follow up on every possibility... even going thru lists of people whose leases are coming due, and new people who move into the community and service their MBs at the facility.

It aint easy or glamerous, but you only notice them when they are delivering a car, and everyone's smiling and happy ...or informing a tire kicker about the car and the salesman is "on". There are alot more "Thanks, I was just looking's" than "Great! I'll take it's!". ..but you have to take your stance & swing for a homer with every pitch.
One more short story about my salesman.
He told me a 21 year old kid came in one day. No other salesperson would wait on him. My salesman saw the kid just standing in the showroom. He jumped up and went over and showed the the young man the selection of MBs. The young man said he would be back some day. My salesman kept calling him for over a year. Finally the young man came in bought himself a car,his mom a car and his father a car. (3 expensive Mercedes!) This kids plays sports and eventually made big money. No one thought he would spend big bucks in a MB store.

Nickel Mania
Old 01-20-2007, 08:01 PM

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
2017 E300W
Pesky salesman assure a "no-sale" with me. I never leave my phone no., etc. I know what I want and will buy when I'm ready.

I don't need someone calling ad infinitum to my busy office. I'm not a 21 yr. old sports figure.

I faxed 20+ dealers for my purchase, based my decision accordingly, and saved considerably on the BS.

But, the BS must work!
Old 01-21-2007, 02:04 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
LS7 powered Corvette
One more short story about my salesman.
He told me a 21 year old kid came in one day. No other salesperson would wait on him. My salesman saw the kid just standing in the showroom. He jumped up and went over and showed the the young man the selection of MBs. The young man said he would be back some day. My salesman kept calling him for over a year. Finally the young man came in bought himself a car,his mom a car and his father a car. (3 expensive Mercedes!) This kids plays sports and eventually made big money. No one thought he would spend big bucks in a MB store.

Nickel Mania
I have heard that VJ Singh came into a dealer and nobody on the new sales floor would help him b/c he was with his "crew" and dressed out of the ordinary. A used car sales guy recognized him and sold him two cars on the spot.
Old 01-21-2007, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by csumt76
I have heard that VJ Singh came into a dealer and nobody on the new sales floor would help him b/c he was with his "crew" and dressed out of the ordinary. A used car sales guy recognized him and sold him two cars on the spot.
I dont know who VJ Singh is either. When I visited the first MB store in Dallas, I was orginally looking at a G wagon. I noticed a young,short asian man with a thick accent wearing a bunch of gold with crazy sunglasses.He must of been somebody as they were really kissing his tail. They pulled the G55 out of the show room for him to test drive. He was giving the saleslady a hell of a hard time. Telling her how cheaply made the G55 was built. He started bending the hood back and forth (I guess the hood is thin or fiberglass) when they took the G outside. I finally spoke up in defensive of the saleslady and told him the G was not cheaply made.( I am usually quite but I couldnt help myself) The guy was a big jerk but the saleslady bit her tongue and continued to sell him on the G.

Nickel Mania
Old 01-21-2007, 11:42 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
3 Porsche rotation
I dont know who VJ Singh is either.
Nickel Mania
VJ Singh is one of the best golfer in the world and obviously has tons of money. Of course if the sales staff aren't golfers, they wouldn't recognize him. He is Fijian and can be pass for an Indian or Pakistani.

John
Old 01-21-2007, 02:10 PM

SL550
A friend of mine's saleswoman at an L.A.-area BMW dealership drives a Ferrari 360 Modena. I guess she has been the #1 in sales at this dealer for a while, and he was pretty sure that there wasn't any family or husband money contributing to the Ferrari payments. She sold him 3 cars in 2 years and he has sent her a ton of referral business, so with good clients like him, it can be a great business. I'm in real estate sales and 90% of my clients are repeats and referrals from past clients.
Old 01-22-2007, 04:02 PM

2014 E350 4Matic, 2012 Kia Soul+
I like the story about the kid. I'm one of those invisible customers, too. Maybe because I dress down. Maybe because I hear badly. Maybe because I ask uncommon questions? Maybe because my trade is only a year old? Who knows, but it is so true that a good salesman doesn't profile his mark.

I get frustrated and move to the next dealer quickly. When I find and buy the car, I often call the uninterested dealer and let them know they screwed up.

My first E was in 98 and the internet didn't have much data on them. The closest dealer just said they didn't know to almost every question I had and made no offer to find out. I went to a more distant dealer who was able to answer all my questions. Guess who made the sale? After I bought the car, I called the first dealer and vented my frustration. Maybe it had an impact. I took my new E to the first and closest dealer for it's 1000 mile check up. Guess whose name plaque was missing?

I can honestly say my last E was bought because of a good salesman more than because I wanted a new car. He was so helpful, I felt I just couldn't let him down. Now that's a salesman.
Old 01-22-2007, 04:25 PM

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts
2003 E500, 2004 G35X
I dont know who VJ Singh is either. When I visited the first MB store in Dallas, I was orginally looking at a G wagon. I noticed a young,short asian man with a thick accent wearing a bunch of gold with crazy sunglasses.He must of been somebody as they were really kissing his tail. They pulled the G55 out of the show room for him to test drive. He was giving the saleslady a hell of a hard time. Telling her how cheaply made the G55 was built. He started bending the hood back and forth (I guess the hood is thin or fiberglass) when they took the G outside. I finally spoke up in defensive of the saleslady and told him the G was not cheaply made.( I am usually quite but I couldnt help myself) The guy was a big jerk but the saleslady bit her tongue and continued to sell him on the G.

Nickel Mania
The hood of all cars are intentionally made thin so it will bend rather than get pushed into the passenger compartment in a collision. This is rather common knowledge, but I am not surprised that the saleswoman did not counter with it. Most, not all, saleswomen I met were rather poor in product knowledge. Perhaps they think charm is more important than product knowledge.
Old 01-22-2007, 05:13 PM

Merce-rati
i would have thought benz salesmen earned alot more than what your saying, because i know a couple guys that work at atlantic automall drive a cls63, one drives rennteched sl600, and i bilieve the sales manager drives a gallardo