Just ordred our first MB:
E350W4
Black w/Cognac
P2 pkg
Pano roof
Bluetooth
Trunk Closer
Spoiler

Does the keylessgo automatically recognize settings for each key when you get close to the car?
Automatically lock when you leave the car? (and close open windows, roof too?)
Is build currently delayed due to a new factory gearing up for production? Estimated delivery April/May due to this factory change.

Thanks
Old 01-20-2007, 05:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2015 ML 350
Originally Posted by New E350W4
Hi,

Does the keylessgo automatically recognize settings for each key when you get close to the car? No, when you pull on the door handle. It will recognize 4 keys. 2 Keyless handle pulls /keyless go starts and 2 key remote unlock/key in ignition start, if set to "Make Key Dependent", otherwise any ke will have the same response.

Automatically lock when you leave the car? (and close open windows, roof too?) You lock it with the key fob, or by pressing the square black button on any exterior door handle. I usually use the drivers rear. Windows & Sunroof go up/dn when you press & hold lock or unlock on the smart key while its aimed at the IR window on the drivers ext door handle.

Is build currently delayed due to a new factory gearing up for production? Estimated delivery April/May due to this factory change. I've been waiting since late October for a build day of next week, probable delivery late Feb or early March.
Thanks
You've got a nicely equipped car there.
Old 01-20-2007, 06:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05 CLK500; 07 Volvo XC90
when leave the car, you have to press the button on the driver door handle to lock the car.
Old 01-22-2007, 08:52 PM

'07 E350W4
Talking VIN trackable?

When, exactly, does the factory generate the VIN? Before or after assembly begins?
Once generated, how can you track the car?
My dealer said he may be able to change an order with my specs and get it sooner than expected.
I would be ecstatic since this is my(wifes') first Benz
Old 01-23-2007, 12:09 AM

Originally Posted by Barry45RPM
if set to "Make Key Dependent"...
Seems like another decontented feature for 07. Unless I've just completely missed it in the MFD setup.
Old 01-23-2007, 11:54 PM

'03 ML500, '07 E350 Sport (wife's)
Would also like to know about VIN and tracking. Ordered our E350 in December. Build date was supposed to be 1/19. Same thing, they changed a car slated for production.

E350 Sport
Flint Grey/ Black leather
P2
iPod
Trunk Closer
Bluetooth
Parktronic
Folding Rear Seat
Voice Control

Can't wait to dump the Volvo. Going in Thursday for another problem...oil leak. Wife is driving my ML we bought last month as neither of us trust it anymore. I'll get the ML and once in a while she might let me drive the E. Can't happen soon enough. Got to get the garage cleared out for both of them. Ordered new car wash supplies from Griot's garage for the new baby.