E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Car is at the dealers, battery?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-27-2007, 04:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2007 A8L 4.2
Car is at the dealers, battery?

Well, 2 days ago, I go to start the car, everything is fine, and then the MFD turns red with a battery logo and the dreaded VISIT WORKSHOP text. Since all was running fine, I headed home and thought maybe the battery is going. Next morning, same thing, red light, so I am driving to the dealer and after 15 minutes, a warning about the dash malfunction (or something like that) comes on, no turn signals, no fuel gauge. I stop, cannot open trunk, door locks acting up, some working some not.

I left it at the dealer and they are going to see what the deal is. Advisor says maybe a bad battery???

Will keep posted, any similar experiences are welcome.

Cheers

Edward
Old 01-27-2007, 04:30 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,444 Likes on 3,154 Posts
'71 Pinto
The Battery Control Module (BCM) may need to be replaced.
Old 01-29-2007, 06:43 PM

2007 A8L 4.2
Yes, Konig, you were right, BCM . Just got the call and will pick up my baby tonite.

Cheers

Edward
Old 02-02-2007, 01:49 AM

2007 A8L 4.2
Picked up the car a few days ago, the battery control module was replaced and battery charged.

I noticed a few changes, like the CD changer is now alive again! Also, the COMAND seems to boot faster now (maybe its my imagination). I am glad this happened this month, as the warranty expires on the 1st of March! They also replaced a connector the ceiling airbag that they say was bad, the SRS malfunction text came on when the whole system went nuts, but I thought it was part of the malfunction. The car is now running great, I hope no more gremlins creep out. Thanks to MB of SD for the great service. BTW, I got a C230 loaner, and I must say its not as slow as I though, nice car.

Cheers

Edward