Video/DVD from iPod on 2004 E320 Wagon

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-28-2007, 03:27 AM

Received 40 Likes on 24 Posts
2014 E350 Estate Wagon 4Matic
Video/DVD from iPod on 2004 E320 Wagon

Hey.

I've spent 2 hours searching and reading through many useful threads about video integration in the w211. But I have yet to find my answer...

I have a video iPod. I'd like to use it as my video player in the wagon. I have three children who sit in the rear seats and sometimes in the cargo area seats. I'd like video in the second row and in the cargo area. Is there an interface that will work with my command system (with Nav) that I can use to feed 2 or 3 video screens via an external (iPod) source, all the while being integrated through the stock system? Or do I have to go aftermarket?
Old 01-29-2007, 03:20 PM

Received 135 Likes on 108 Posts
Aston Martin Vantage, GLE 43 AMG, Volvo XC60, BMW X1 35i, Ram 1500, BMW Z4 35i
I am facing the same problem...Here is what I am doing...for trips, etc.

I am taking my iPod and running the sound plug to the Aux input in Command and the video to the display...This way I am not tearing out the car and trying to butcher the command system...Only the Euro command will allow you to view DVD's on the display...

I already ran a cable from the glove box to the center console, so I can plug my Ipod Nano into the car...it is relatively easy to run a video cable around the car (under the carpet, etc.) to whereever you want to run a monitor or two... I am going to run one to the back of the car so my daughter can watch a video while she is riding in the third row seat...I'll probably rig us a small bracket with some velcro so she can hang it on the rear hatch...

Now, if you want to spend a lot of $$ you can get headrest monitors for about $1K each and take apart the seats...etc.

Good luck
Old 01-29-2007, 05:14 PM

Received 40 Likes on 24 Posts
2014 E350 Estate Wagon 4Matic
Thanks. I went to radio shack last nnight (eek) and found a dual ld monitor/dvd system for $169. Seems like just the right thing. I just have to get the wiring done neatly.
Old 01-29-2007, 11:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
209/W210 Estate /W211 modded by MBENZNL
Originally Posted by hecdog
Hey.

I've spent 2 hours searching and reading through many useful threads about video integration in the w211. But I have yet to find my answer...

I have a video iPod. I'd like to use it as my video player in the wagon. I have three children who sit in the rear seats and sometimes in the cargo area seats. I'd like video in the second row and in the cargo area. Is there an interface that will work with my command system (with Nav) that I can use to feed 2 or 3 video screens via an external (iPod) source, all the while being integrated through the stock system? Or do I have to go aftermarket?
Go for the EURO Comand AND TV Tuner Then Add The OE MB Rear Screen that fits on the center console.....All OE Mb Parts

Steve @ www.mbenznl.com can do it!