E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

I Got Screwed Today by Mercedes Benz

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-29-2007, 05:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I Got Screwed Today by Mercedes Benz

I Leased a new 07 MB E350 Saks 5th Avenue Edition at Ewing in Plano Texas on Nov 19 2006. My salesman told me that I could buy more miles up front at .20 per mile so that I could avoid paying the higher .25 per mile penalty at the end of the lease. I called MB Financial today to increase my payment for the extra miles at .20 per mile. MB Financial proceeds to tell me it will be .25 per mile instead of .20 The.20 per miles has ended. I proceed to call my salesman and the finance director at Ewing. They admit telling me about the .20 per mile deal but even they are surprised to learn of this higher mile charge. I ask them to twist some arms over at MB Financial. The dealer said there was nothing they could do. Anyone else have this problem?

Nickel
Old 01-29-2007, 05:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
a toy
That's interesting. One dealer I visited told me that I can upgrade my mileage plan anytime during the lease and upgrade to a higher limit. He said the monthly payment will be recalculated with no penalties applied.

So for example, if you're paying $400 for 10k miles per year and it would have cost you $420 for 12k miles upon lease signing, you would be readjusted to $420 per month from then on.
Old 01-29-2007, 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by Roupin
That's interesting. One dealer I visited told me that I can upgrade my mileage plan anytime during the lease and upgrade to a higher limit. He said the monthly payment will be recalculated with no penalties applied.

So for example, if you're paying $400 for 10k miles per year and it would have cost you $420 for 12k miles upon lease signing, you would be readjusted to $420 per month from then on.
Yes, they will let me buy the miles now at .25 but not at .20 like I was told two months ago. They have changed the deal.This just happened a few days ago according to my dealer. Go ahead and call MB Financial.

Nickel
Old 01-29-2007, 07:36 PM
Administrator

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
I wouldn't say you got screwed; I would say you didn't cover your bases and made sure that you got it in writing.
Sorry but I guess you'll now do your forum name proud: Nickelmania

(j/k)

Couldn't resist.
Old 01-29-2007, 08:00 PM

MY MB WAS LEMON'D
Originally Posted by Nickelmania-Dal
I got screwed today by MB

Nickel

Welcome to the club
Old 01-29-2007, 08:11 PM

E500
We meet every thursday.

6 o'clock at the YMCA down the street.

Updating a comand prevents Engineering menu access...there should be a thread containing all the gripes of MB
Old 01-29-2007, 08:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2015 ML 350
Actually, for how long a period after you sign a deal do you think an alternate offer should not be able to change for people who will take a Lease at a later date? I mean, 2 months 6 months 12 months??? How long should a bank not be able to change its rates AFTER you sign an alternate deal & take delivery. You weren't really screwed. Thats business. Rates and offers change.

Once MB Financial bought the paper, the deal is out of the Dealer's and Salesman's hands... The paper has been sold to a lender who bought it from the selling car dealer based on what was on the document in front of them. They paid the dealer for the car & left with a piece of paper that says what you agreed to. They can't change the deal now and charge you more per mile if they wanted to.

Its a done deal. Be sure in advance of signing next time. Its a learning experience. When you buy instead of leasing, you pay more per month, but there's no usage penalties. There are advantages & disadvantages to each.
Old 01-29-2007, 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by amdeutsch
I wouldn't say you got screwed; I would say you didn't cover your bases and made sure that you got it in writing.
Sorry but I guess you'll now do your forum name proud: Nickelmania

(j/k)

Couldn't resist.
I know! I Know! I knew I would eventually get made fun of.

But come on Amdeutsch, the salesman and the finance guy still admit that they told me I could get .20 per mile if I paid in advance. Doesnt their word mean something?

Nickel
Old 01-29-2007, 08:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
07 E63 06 CLK55 Cab 03 P-car C4S
i think your recourse if actually w/ the dealer, if you choose to pursue it.
that being said, depending on how many miles you go over, you may want to just deal with this later as it gets closer to the lease ending.
when i get over my miles on my bmw x5, they said no big deal and just let it go..i think i was about 3k or so over.
good luck.
Old 01-29-2007, 09:17 PM
Administrator

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
I know! I Know! I knew I would eventually get made fun of.

But come on Amdeutsch, the salesman and the finance guy still admit that they told me I could get .20 per mile if I paid in advance. Doesnt their word mean something?

Nickel
You believe someone in sales.

Sorry, but you walked in on that one.
Old 01-29-2007, 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by amdeutsch
You believe someone in sales.

Sorry, but you walked in on that one.
I have been in business many years and sales are part of my business. I can asure you if I tell someone I am going to do something, I do it. Not all salespeople are dishonest. I try to do the right thing. I am hoping MB Financial and my dealer will do the right thing and sell me those miles for .20 per mile like they said they would do.

Nickel Mania
Old 01-30-2007, 05:41 PM

2014 E350 Sport
I have been in business many years and sales are part of my business. I can asure you if I tell someone I am going to do something, I do it. Not all salespeople are dishonest. I try to do the right thing. I am hoping MB Financial and my dealer will do the right thing and sell me those miles for .20 per mile like they said they would do.

Nickel Mania
Unfortunately, if it isn't in the contract, it probably ain't going to happen. Your chances of getting some value from the dealer are pretty slim too, unless they think you are a potential high volume client. Perhaps you can think of some accessory of value that will at least give you something. Maybe they can give you an annual detail or something.

Lesson learned....ALWAYS get it in writing! I've even had dealers put in writing that I will get free loaners during the lease. The only time you have leverage is in those moments before you sign. Hopefully your enjoyment of the car will outweigh the loss of a few bucks IF you go over your mileage allocation.
Old 01-31-2007, 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by clovercp
Unfortunately, if it isn't in the contract, it probably ain't going to happen. Your chances of getting some value from the dealer are pretty slim too, unless they think you are a potential high volume client. Perhaps you can think of some accessory of value that will at least give you something. Maybe they can give you an annual detail or something.

Lesson learned....ALWAYS get it in writing! I've even had dealers put in writing that I will get free loaners during the lease. The only time you have leverage is in those moments before you sign. Hopefully your enjoyment of the car will outweigh the loss of a few bucks IF you go over your mileage allocation.
Clovercp, your right! Lesson learned! I will get it in writing next time. My deal is like you say about the free loan cars. If a salesperson says we have free loancars, especially the number one guy, you expect him and the dealer to keep their word and not to have to get it in writing. I guess you need to get every little thing in writing including their store hours ect. LOL!

Nickel
Old 01-31-2007, 08:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
07 M6, 05 Noble, 01 S4, Smart ForTwo
how many miles are you over? what are we talking about here.. like 100-200 bucks? i dont think its worth the hassle, unless you have it in writing.
Old 01-31-2007, 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by Brav
how many miles are you over? what are we talking about here.. like 100-200 bucks? i dont think its worth the hassle, unless you have it in writing.
I may be around 15,000 over on miles. This extra .5 is going to cost me an extra $750.00... $3750.00 instead of $3000.00 If I buy another MB, Do you guys believe MB will cut me some slack for going over on the miles?

Nickel Mania