E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

LED city lights?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-01-2007, 02:51 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LED city lights?

City lights, driving lights, parkinglights, whatever you call it. i mean the little light within the high beam housing thats always on when the headlight is on. Is LED a possible alternative? I have installed 8000k xenons to the low beam and have tried a couple of halogen bulbs but nonecan match that 8000K color. I was thinking if LED will do the trick? Any ideas?
Old 02-01-2007, 06:40 PM

I tried to change the parking lights (yellow) to the 4 LEDs BULB but when i installed it then these parking lights just started blinking OFF and then ON and the OFF and then ON, that means our E211 doesn't support these kind of LEDs,, then i took out this pair and i tried with other pair but the same malfunction too then i put back the ORIGINALs and yeah, NO PROBLEM at all, started working normally, I don't know what to do with this,

Which Xenons you have installed in your Ride ! Is it good ! How much ! any malfunction ! I wanna upgrade my Normal HALOGENS to the 8K XENONs and my Fogs with 12K, Can you Help !

CHEERS
Old 02-01-2007, 11:14 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
08' S550, 04' E320 4matic, 03' Acura TL-S 6 speed, 1968 Vespa P150
you don't want to use LED because LED have a focus beam just use a super white wedge bulb I have them and they look decent on my 6000k.
Old 02-03-2007, 04:58 AM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by sam q.
I tried to change the parking lights (yellow) to the 4 LEDs BULB but when i installed it then these parking lights just started blinking OFF and then ON and the OFF and then ON, that means our E211 doesn't support these kind of LEDs,, then i took out this pair and i tried with other pair but the same malfunction too then i put back the ORIGINALs and yeah, NO PROBLEM at all, started working normally, I don't know what to do with this,

Which Xenons you have installed in your Ride ! Is it good ! How much ! any malfunction ! I wanna upgrade my Normal HALOGENS to the 8K XENONs and my Fogs with 12K, Can you Help !

CHEERS
I have the MTEC 8K. its been about 1 year now and running perfectly w/o any problems. Highly recommended. i got mine 350 installed.

I am thinking of getting Xenon for fogs as well. but i would prob just go with the 8k. 12k may be too blue / purple and attract too much unwanted attention from the cops.

I think the LED for the city lights are possible. Needs some kind of a resistor to correct the voltage i think. Any ideas?
Old 02-03-2007, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by dannieboiz
you don't want to use LED because LED have a focus beam just use a super white wedge bulb I have them and they look decent on my 6000k.

Hey Dannie,

Thanks Bro, Can you advise the BULBS you are using in your parking lights and if possible the pics too ! I am eagerly looking for those,

THANKS
Old 02-03-2007, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by BLACK06E350
I have the MTEC 8K. its been about 1 year now and running perfectly w/o any problems. Highly recommended. i got mine 350 installed.

I am thinking of getting Xenon for fogs as well. but i would prob just go with the 8k. 12k may be too blue / purple and attract too much unwanted attention from the cops.

I think the LED for the city lights are possible. Needs some kind of a resistor to correct the voltage i think. Any ideas?
You are right about the resistors but now the problem is, if we put the resistors then where and how will we tap the wires from resistors to the bulbs as the bulbs are inside the Holder, Right !

From where can i get these MTEC kit ! And have you got any Lights Malfunction on your DASH !

Please advise,
CHEERS