E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Service question....thanks

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-07-2007 | 02:08 PM

Service question....thanks

I am do for service and I did check on this website for puling up the FSS display and I have the following to do:

#2 I know is air cleaner insert...is that the dual filter cleaners? where I can find these?

#5 This is the fuel filter...where is the best place for me to buy this?

#9 Replace brake fluid....can any mechanic shop do this or is this a dealer item?

#12 Change oil and filter....I have a 2004 E320 Wagon this takes 0W40 Mobil one right?

#13 Overall check....this one I think I got

Also can I reset this myself after these things have been done or do I have to take it to the dealer to reset?

Thanks guys for your help on this....you guys got me threw the brake and rotor install and again thanks....
Old 02-07-2007 | 08:46 PM

03 E320 -wife's car now; 07 Porsche Boxster S - my toy
Originally Posted by 2004e320
I am do for service and I did check on this website for puling up the FSS display and I have the following to do:

#2 I know is air cleaner insert...is that the dual filter cleaners? where I can find these?

#5 This is the fuel filter...where is the best place for me to buy this?

#9 Replace brake fluid....can any mechanic shop do this or is this a dealer item?

#12 Change oil and filter....I have a 2004 E320 Wagon this takes 0W40 Mobil one right?

#13 Overall check....this one I think I got

Also can I reset this myself after these things have been done or do I have to take it to the dealer to reset?

Thanks guys for your help on this....you guys got me threw the brake and rotor install and again thanks....
#2: yes, dual air filters. "Find" means what? On the engine or where to buy. A member, X72 posted some pictures some time ago on replacing the4 filters -- do a search on him. You can buy the filters at most online places that sell MB OEM parts. You can also buy through a couple of people on this forum -- I have the name of a parts guy at a MB dealer who offers a discount to MBWorld members I can give you.

#5: The fuel filter is in the tank and somewhat of a PITA to replace. I've replaced mine and wrote up some instructions -- PM me if you're interested in tackling this job -- you'll also need to order a special tool.

#9: Some people have done this without the aid of the Star Diags tools. MB instructs that you have it done at the dealer or an indy who has the Star Diags system.

#12: Yes, same oil & filter.

Regards,
paul...
Old 02-07-2007 | 08:50 PM

Sorry -------

You can reset the FSS yourself. Look for the FSS+ presentation at http://www.mercedestechstore.com -- go to the training files to the W211 category -- there's also a bunch of other stuff there you might be interested in.

Regards,
paul...
Old 02-08-2007 | 10:30 AM

Thanks so much for your help..I sent you a private mess but just in case here it is

#2: yes, dual air filters. "Find" means what? I got confused on these because I don't know the difference between air cleaner insert, combination filter and dust filter....I do have a vendor who sells OEM parts from who I bought my rotors and pads and have been happy with him....the only air filter he sells is the air cleaner set which I am assuming is the #2

#5: The fuel filter is in the tank and somewhat of a PITA to replace. I've replaced mine and wrote up some instructions -- PM me if you're interested in tackling this job -- you'll also need to order a special tool. I was thinking of taking this to a mechanic buddy of mine, but it sounds like you need a special MB tool for it? could you still send me the instructions if you have them handy? thanks

#9: Some people have done this without the aid of the Star Diags tools. MB instructs that you have it done at the dealer or an indy who has the Star Diags system. I hope my mechanic can do it

and thanks also for the info on the FSS reset I will read up on it....thanks again for your help Paul...like you I hate going to the dealer...it's a rip off
Old 02-08-2007 | 10:59 AM

DIY info

Originally Posted by 2004e320
#2: yes, dual air filters. "Find" means what? I got confused on these because I don't know the difference between air cleaner insert, combination filter and dust filter....I do have a vendor who sells OEM parts from who I bought my rotors and pads and have been happy with him....the only air filter he sells is the air cleaner set which I am assuming is the #2

#5: The fuel filter is in the tank and somewhat of a PITA to replace. I've replaced mine and wrote up some instructions -- PM me if you're interested in tackling this job -- you'll also need to order a special tool. I was thinking of taking this to a mechanic buddy of mine, but it sounds like you need a special MB tool for it? could you still send me the instructions if you have them handy? thanks

#9: Some people have done this without the aid of the Star Diags tools. MB instructs that you have it done at the dealer or an indy who has the Star Diags system. I hope my mechanic can do it

and thanks also for the info on the FSS reset I will read up on it....thanks again for your help Paul...like you I hate going to the dealer...it's a rip off
You can go to this site:

HERE

and pull down the WIS procedures in the W211 forum section -- look at all the posts there. The guy who supplied them is no longer there.

The W211 service sheet for 03-04 W211 is at the http://www.mercedestechstore.com in the W211 section -- I can't upload it here because it's a pdf file.

Regards,
paul...