E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

04 Nav install problems

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-15-2007, 10:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
04 Nav install problems

I am trying to install the nav dvd drive. I located the three connecting cords.
After attaching all three it was still not recognized. The display said 'Navigation Unavailable'. Is there something that maybe I did wrong, or does it need additional programing from the dealer. Help............
Old 02-15-2007, 10:07 PM

E500 4-Matic Wagon, 330xi, 911C2
Did you insert the software/maps DVD?
Old 02-15-2007, 10:11 PM

Yes I did. I tried it both with the dvd and without it and got the same message.
Old 02-15-2007, 11:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
04 S430 (sold),05 X5 4.4i, 02 325i, 87 560SL, 85 Alfa Romeo
Originally Posted by lbaps
Yes I did. I tried it both with the dvd and without it and got the same message.
The MOST ring has to be reconfigured. the Orange cables you connected to your nav unit go inside the passenger entrywell on the drivers side.
WHen you remove the door sill, you will find a wire way. Do the following.

1. Locate the two Most cables coming form your Nav unit. There should be one side not connected to anything with a black connector on it aand the other is just hanging free

2. locate the 2nd cable that is on a connector it should say SAT or TELE or something. or AGW something I forget....( someone help me out with this I'm getting old)

3. disconect the conector and connect the red tipped side to the white tipped side of cable going to the nav.

4. then take the red tipped side coming out of the nav and and connect it to the white tipped cable that is free.

Now your nav unit is connected to the MOST bus. It should work now.

Post Back.
Old 02-23-2007, 05:13 PM

E500
Can you be more specific on what the door sill looks like and how to remove it?

Does this mean that although I have only the nav DVD drive, disc, 3 connecters in the trunk (fiber, electricity provider and blue gps connection) and a comand installed I can get the nav to be fully functional + display in the Comand? Or are parts from a navi kit needed before hooking the nav up?
I do intend to buy all the parts, just want to make sure my nav drive can work with my comand as the dealer said my car was not pre wired for nav, whatever that may mean..thanks!
Old 02-24-2007, 04:15 PM

GL350
[QUOTE=smb7420;2037801]Can you be more specific on what the door sill looks like and how to remove it?

You can loop it in the trunk even easier,you already have the panel off.
Old 02-25-2007, 01:10 PM

E500
Question

I've been told I need to rewire things in the B-Pillar in order to make the MOST system recognize it and the AGW..

I just really need to know how and what to pull off in order to access the B-Pillar

Thanks
Old 01-23-2008, 12:01 AM

2016 GLE 450 Coupe
Originally Posted by my06clk
The MOST ring has to be reconfigured. the Orange cables you connected to your nav unit go inside the passenger entrywell on the drivers side.
WHen you remove the door sill, you will find a wire way. Do the following.

1. Locate the two Most cables coming form your Nav unit. There should be one side not connected to anything with a black connector on it aand the other is just hanging free

2. locate the 2nd cable that is on a connector it should say SAT or TELE or something. or AGW something I forget....( someone help me out with this I'm getting old)

3. disconect the conector and connect the red tipped side to the white tipped side of cable going to the nav.

4. then take the red tipped side coming out of the nav and and connect it to the white tipped cable that is free.

Now your nav unit is connected to the MOST bus. It should work now.

Post Back.
my06clk,

Thanks a lot for this post! It saved me a lot of time with installation! I did not see any colors on those feeds, but the directional picture you described was great!