Want to give mad props to one of MBWorld's sponsors - D2Autosport

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 01:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
Eurocharged 2004 E500, Eurocharged ECU/TCU 2005 SL600, 2010 Caddy SwaggerWagon
Want to give mad props to one of MBWorld's sponsors - D2Autosport

Guys, I feel that I have an obligation to this community to speak about my experience with a sponsor of this board, D2Autosport.

Last summer I purchased a set of wheels (MRR GT-1's) for my E500 from Derrick at D2. He gave me a great price and I pulled the trigger. They showed up about a week later, I had tires put on and away I went. Fast forward to this fall. 2 of the wheels started showing signs of the clear coat peeling off. These were very small blemishes at the time but you could tell it was going to be trouble down the road. I contacted Derrick, who in-turn contacted MRR about the defect. He told me that he was working on trying to get replacements for me and that someone from MRR would be in contact with me directly. I didn't hear anything from MRR for a month so I contacted Derrick again. He was surprised that MRR hadn't contacted me yet as he was assured by them that everything would be taken care of. He immediately contacted MRR again and within 2 days, I received an email from one of their customer service reps. They stated that I would need to take the problem wheels off of my car, dismount the tires at my expense, and send the wheels to them, again at my expense before they would issue replacements. I balked at the idea that I would have to pay anything since the wheels were defective. We finally agreed that I would cover the mount/unmount and they would cover the shipping. Fine. I was told to expect their UPS account info by the end of the day. Of course it didn't come. Or the next day. Or the week after that. Or the week after that. I emailed MRR a tersely worded email asking for a resolution to this problem. I got a bounce back from the email server stating that the email account no longer exists!

So, I email Derrick again to tell him the current status of affairs. I don't know what he did, or who he talked to, but within 3 days, I had tracking numbers for wheels that were in route to my house. They were on my doorstep within 1 week of contacting Derrick this last time. D2Autosport covered all costs. I don't know if they paid for the replacements, or MRR gave them to him for free, or what. I just know that I now have 2 brand new wheels plus the 4 original.

The reason I wanted to post my experience here is simple. If you are in the market for wheels, please click on the little D2Autosport banner on this site. As you can imagine, they've earned a customer for life. And it just goes to show how much customer service means to people like me, like you, like us.

Thanks Derrick, I really appreciate all you did.
Old 03-12-2007, 04:25 PM

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts
very good customer service. I have been trying to pm them back after getting a quote on some rims but they were not excepting pm but I just pmed them a day ago. But I also posted recently in one of there threads about the madrus millenium rims. Well I am glad it you finally got it resolved and you got 2 spare rims. Post some pics if you get a chance.
Old 03-12-2007, 06:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
Eurocharged 2004 E500, Eurocharged ECU/TCU 2005 SL600, 2010 Caddy SwaggerWagon
Originally Posted by will175
very good customer service. I have been trying to pm them back after getting a quote on some rims but they were not excepting pm but I just pmed them a day ago. But I also posted recently in one of there threads about the madrus millenium rims. Well I am glad it you finally got it resolved and you got 2 spare rims. Post some pics if you get a chance.
email

derrick@d2autosport.com

I guarantee you'll get a response