E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Clock reset for DST?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-23-2007, 01:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'03 ML500, '07 E350 Sport (wife's)
Question Clock reset for DST?

Forgive my post. Been too busy remodelling and working to figure it out. Normally I would scour the manuals, but haven't had time to familiarize myself with all the great features yet. Probably right there. Flipped through the menus and saw the option for synching with GPS, but that's it. Thx
Old 03-23-2007, 10:45 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 E320
Looks like no one with the newer model is going to help you. I will tell you that on our 2003, it is more complicated than it should be. The steering wheel buttons will eventually yield a menu that shows time/date. Once you have the digital time displayed, you can adjust the hours and minutes with the buttons on the wheel. ONCE the display is correct, push the set button (looks like an old fash ioned clock stem) for several seconds and the clock will start moving in fast mode and sync with the digital display. I am somewhat computer literate but this system is not at all intuitive. You can take my clumsy instructions and spend 20 minutes fumbling around or read the manual and probably do it in 5. My method reveals all sorts of menus you probably never knew were on the car.
Old 03-23-2007, 11:02 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
All Diesel Fleet !1983 240d stick,2005 E320 CDI Midnight blue, 2005 E320 CDI, Desert Silver, Kubota
Clock RE-sync

My system is setup to sync the clock to the GPS in the command unit. I think I did the sync with the setup on the wheel. Now whenever I have to change the time, I hit the SERV black button on the side, and the menu appears in the command unit. I hit time, and the clock is blinking. I then press the up button on the cursor control and move it one hour. Good luck.
Old 03-23-2007, 12:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2015 ML 350
Originally Posted by MissMyBenz
Forgive my post. Been too busy remodelling and working to figure it out. Normally I would scour the manuals, but haven't had time to familiarize myself with all the great features yet. Probably right there. Flipped through the menus and saw the option for synching with GPS, but that's it. Thx
Its setable with the soft keys on the comand "Time" its not done on the dash. When you re set it using the <^> buttons, the clock will race ahead.

From Owners On Line:
VEHICLES WITH NAVIGATION UNIT - not connected to Tele Aid
1. Ensure engine is running.

2. Press the SERV button on the left side of COMAND (3rd button down on left side next to TEL).

The system screen will appear. If not, click the SYSTEM soft key.

3. Press the TIME soft key.

4. Use the left or right arrow keys to select hours or minutes.

5. Press the up or down arrow keys to set the minutes and hours.

6. Each time the up or down arrow is pressed, the time will change in 30-minute increments.

7. Press the BACK soft key button or OK button.

8. Time is set. Analog clock on dash will automatically change also.

Last edited by Barry45RPM; 03-23-2007 at 07:13 PM.
Old 03-24-2007, 12:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'03 ML500, '07 E350 Sport (wife's)
Thanks. Done. Now if I could only get the bluetooth working. Headed to the dealer on Wednesday. Hope they can get it working.
Old 03-24-2007, 06:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2015 ML 350
Thats why I chose the V710 in a cradle to be left in the car all the times. $9.95 addl/month Family Share Program. It shares the Verizon minutes of my belt worn cell phone, with flawless integration & operation, & the car never answers my phone when I'm in the house. Its a thought.