E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Parts help!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-17-2007, 05:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Parts help!

Long story, very short...

Wife has an accident in her 06 E350 December 10, 2006. Car goes to body shop (from the front tires forward essentially got sheared off). They order parts. One particular part was ordered Jan 15, 2007, received Jan 30, 2007, and returned because it was the wrong part. Proper part was ordered on Jan 30, 2007 (same day wrong part returned) from Phoenix Motor Company in Phoenix.

Car has been sitting at body shop for 2 and 1/2 months waiting for this part to come in! That's right, I've been patient for 2 and 1/2 months, with the car at a standstill because they need this part to go any further repairing the vehicle.

I've been told the part is on backorder. I've been told that MB is having difficulty getting the part from their vendor that supplies this part. I've been told 3 different shipping/arrival dates from PHX MoCo. I've called the 1-800-FOR-MERC number twice to no avail (they actually are quite rude). The latest shipping date is now April 25th, to ship from Germany and 10 days or more to get here. That means the car will have sat, idle, waiting for this part for 3 months, without repairs continuing.

The car's a lease that runs out this December. I have 12,000 miles to put on the car to get it up to it's 24,000 mile limit. I'm essentially losing money by not using the car. I paid the lease up front on a "one pay" lease.

Does anybody have any ideas as to how to handle this?

Does anybody have any numbers (phone) of some uppity ups in MB that would be able to solve my problem. I want, obviously, to get the part here and the car together as quickly as possible. I have been more than patient and acted in good faith, but I'm going to loose money on this deal due to MB's lack of ability to get me a part in a timely manner.

I do realize, before I get flamed, that the accident was our fault and have been more than reasonable in waiting for a part to show up and continue fixing the car. At this rate, I will not get the car returned until the middle of June...that's 7 months to fix a car!

Thanks.

Toby
Old 04-17-2007, 05:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2015 ML 350
Obviously, they have no problem sending this part to the assembly line to build new cars. Unless this part has been a problem, and it is being revised, and they don't want to send you the replaced part from NOS.

Another reason for not getting the part is that your Body Shop owes MB or his parts supplier some money and is in arrears, or he is in financial trouble & a bunch of people have him on a Do Not Ship List. Something isnt right.

If your insurance company referred you to this shop call & complain to them (not your Broker) that the car is out of service this long & that when repaired, you will change companys. You should make them suspend the collision part of your insurance while it has been in the shop, just leave the Fire & Theft.

What part is it?
Old 04-17-2007, 05:38 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,435 Likes on 3,152 Posts
'71 Pinto
PM your email address.
Old 04-17-2007, 06:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PM sent.

Right front headlamp wiring harness.