E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

my bi-xenons don't seem bright enough

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-18-2007, 12:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 E320 sport
my bi-xenons don't seem bright enough

I don't know why, but pretty much every HID equipped BMW, Lexus, and Acura seems MUCH brighter than my car. I asked the dealer about it when I had my car in for it's regularly scheduled service and they said nothing was wrong with the voltage or anything. Are there brighter bulbs out there or some components I can buy to increase the brightness or something? I don't need it super bright but right now they don't really seem much brighter than normal headlights. Also, how can you raise the lights? I don't see anywhere under the hood to adjust it.
Old 04-18-2007, 01:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 3 Posts
2004 E320
Originally Posted by baybenzo
I don't know why, but pretty much every HID equipped BMW, Lexus, and Acura seems MUCH brighter than my car. I asked the dealer about it when I had my car in for it's regularly scheduled service and they said nothing was wrong with the voltage or anything. Are there brighter bulbs out there or some components I can buy to increase the brightness or something? I don't need it super bright but right now they don't really seem much brighter than normal headlights. Also, how can you raise the lights? I don't see anywhere under the hood to adjust it.
Did you purchase your car used? Maybe the previous owner installed a bulb with a higher kelvin rating, which results in lower light output. Stock bulbs are rated at 4300K.

If thats not the case, try aiming your headlights by using a wide flathead screwdriver to turn this plastic screw inside the hole thats pictured. Don't go too high or you'll blind oncoming traffic.
Old 04-18-2007, 02:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 E320 sport
I purchased the car used but I'm pretty sure the bulbs are stock. I was under the impression that a higher kelvin rating produces a bluer light, but my lights are white. And thanks for the tip about aiming them, I'm going to go out and try that right now