E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

2008 E-Class pricing and options

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-18-2007, 08:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
11 E550 Cabriolet
2008 E-Class pricing and options

I was hoping some of you MB aficionados might have some information on 2008 E-Class pricing and options.

I went to my dealer the other day looking to get an 07 E550 2wd in Flint Grey with Black/Cognac and P01-Prem 1, 333-Sport Pkg & 396-Voice Control . Dealer told me they couldn't order any more 2007's and what they had on order with the factory were only E350's and couldn't be changed to E550. Also had them check the national locator but no luck .
My only option is to order a 2008. Well started talking about ordering a 2008 but dealer had very little if any information on pricing and available options for the model year.

So I'm looking to find out if the 2008 E550 will be offering the above configuration and will 333 sport package be offered as a $0 cost option as they did in 2007.

Thanks
Old 04-18-2007, 10:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
AMG
Originally Posted by rhampar
I was hoping some of you MB aficionados might have some information on 2008 E-Class pricing and options.

I went to my dealer the other day looking to get an 07 E550 2wd in Flint Grey with Black/Cognac and P01-Prem 1, 333-Sport Pkg & 396-Voice Control . Dealer told me they couldn't order any more 2007's and what they had on order with the factory were only E350's and couldn't be changed to E550. Also had them check the national locator but no luck .
My only option is to order a 2008. Well started talking about ordering a 2008 but dealer had very little if any information on pricing and available options for the model year.

So I'm looking to find out if the 2008 E550 will be offering the above configuration and will 333 sport package be offered as a $0 cost option as they did in 2007.

Thanks
I dont know as to pricing or availability of options upon release, but i can almost definitevely say that the sport option will be an added cost option...Mercedes has never released a car in its history without charging for the sport package...the only reason that the sport package has been included is to drive sales as a new model will soon be released...(same thing with the ml's -inspiration edition- and slk's before new models were released) there are always upgrades made at the end of production that should have been made at inception - i'm a dealer and have never understood the rational
Old 04-19-2007, 02:18 AM

‘08 E-350 Sport, C6 Vette & Harley Davidson
Originally Posted by WWMIndy
I dont know as to pricing or availability of options
upon release, but I can almost definitevely say
that the sport option will be an added cost option.
I'm a dealer and have never understood the rational.
I hear that the new models will be out in August.

Is that correct?

jimm
Old 04-19-2007, 05:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 290 Likes on 203 Posts
2013 650i Coupe, 2010 IS250 AWD, 1999 S500
Originally Posted by WWMIndy
I dont know as to pricing or availability of options upon release, but i can almost definitevely say that the sport option will be an added cost option...Mercedes has never released a car in its history without charging for the sport package...the only reason that the sport package has been included is to drive sales as a new model will soon be released...(same thing with the ml's -inspiration edition- and slk's before new models were released) there are always upgrades made at the end of production that should have been made at inception - i'm a dealer and have never understood the rational
Interesting. I hope they don't put a price on the sports package unless they decide to change it and make it into a real sports package. You know one where you can really feel the difference between it and the base car. The current sport package is little more than window dressing as far as how the car drives.

M
Old 04-19-2007, 06:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

From what I heard at the dealer (although the level of accuracy is to be debated) the '08s are no different except I was told that I may be able to order the sport package on the Bluetec (holding out for it). Otherwise everything will stay the same for the W211.
Old 04-19-2007, 05:45 PM

11 E550 Cabriolet
All,

Thanks for your replys...

I understand from my dealer in manhattan pricing for MY 08 will be out sometime next month and cars arriving sometime in July.

Still hoping the sport package is a $0 cost item in 08.

Regards
Old 04-19-2007, 05:46 PM
bsk

E 350 2006- Iridium Silver with charcoal interior,premium package
they always say no changes for the following year-they are salesmen!!
in other words they know less than us
Old 04-19-2007, 07:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2015 E250 BT 4M
2008 E Class changes

Originally Posted by Untertürkheim
the '08s are no different except I was told that I may be able to order the sport package on the Bluetec (holding out for it). Otherwise everything will stay the same for the W211.
Unfortunately, according to my source within MB Canada, the sport package cannot be offered with the Bluetec until the W212 generation (MY2010). The reason given is that the current car has been certified with existing 16" wheels/tires, exhaust system, etc. for federal emissions and fuel economy ratings. The same situation will no doubt apply to US bound E 320 Bluetecs.

As far as changes in specs for MY2008 E Class, here is what I know :

Two new colours added : #170 Columbite Black & #755 Tenorite Grey Metallic.
Two colours deleted : Platinum Blue metallic & Granite Grey metallic.

For the Canadian spec E 320 Bluetec, Cellular Telephone Prep and Sirius Satellite Radio will now be part of the standard equipment.
Harmon Kardon sound system will also be standard.
Parktronic becomes part of the MPP Premium Package.
The standard alloy wheels will be a new 16" 7-spoke design, replacing the 5-twin spokes.
Metallic paint remains a N/C option for the Canadian market as does the sport package for E350 4Matic (no E350 RWD for Canada).
First arrivals of 2008 E Class will be in late July for the west coast. No word yet on pricing.

Last edited by DerekACS; 04-19-2007 at 07:12 PM.
Old 04-19-2007, 07:15 PM

I’m very anxious to get a new E350.

But, since this will be my first MB after MANY years, and the 08’s are
approaching, as anxious as I am, I’m thinking now that I’ll wait for an
‘08.

The main change I’m hoping for is an updated Nav. I love Navs, but
one of the main things I like about my GM Navs is that they take me
to the EXACT address. (Not just to a “general vicinity” as I’m told the
MB Navs do. Finding a particular property once you get in the vicinity
can be the most frustrating part of your whole trip.

Also - with the GM Navs, for your destination you can simply enter the
phone number. Very quick and easy.

Like most of you, I’m dying to hear about the 08s.

jimm

Last edited by jimm; 04-20-2007 at 01:49 AM.
Old 04-19-2007, 07:27 PM

Harley-Davidson
Originally Posted by Germancar1
I hope they don't put a price on the sports package unless they decide to change it and make it into a real sports package. You know one where you can really feel the difference between it and the base car. The current sport package is little more than window dressing as far as how the car drives.
The current Sport Package (option code 333) is much more than window dressing. The lowered, stiffer suspension, upgraded front brake discs and calipers, and larger, lower profile tires does make a difference that you can really feel, although probably not on the typical short test drive with the salesman in the back seat. The fact that the package now costs $0.00 must really annoy everyone who paid extra for the same thing in past years.
Old 04-19-2007, 07:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2015 ML 350
It is HIGHLY unlikely that a manufacturer would develop a new NAV for a car with a lifespan of 15 months. Theres no reason for the last version of the current model to get next generation electronics. If there were problems with a new NAV it would undo all the effort that MB has put into getting the "bugs" out of the 211. (The main reason for a car with 2 model years to get a "facelift" had to be so they were able to promote "all new" to the Press & in advertising to distance the car from its past crappy ratings by many consumers. If the car had been great from the start in 03, they wouldnt have changed the front & rear facia, grasping for a way to make the car to look new & improved. They'd have mad gradual refinements... but to recertify a car for F & R Fascia is a needless expense... unless you HAVE to do it. I love my '07, but do you think the new tail lights are really an asthetic improvement over the 03-06?) If the next gen NAV is to be fabulous, why give it away free instead of having a powerfull pull to the new car?

No changes in the nav system for the 211 will be forthcomming. Wait for an 08 only if you want to, not for a new nav. I dont know that I would buy a car that will look instantly old in 15 months. At least I'll be 2/3 of the way through my loan by then, and let them work the bugs out of a 1st year new model on somebody else.

The 2007 is really a vastly better car than my 2004.

Last edited by Barry45RPM; 04-19-2007 at 07:36 PM.
Old 04-19-2007, 07:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 E250 BT 4M
Originally Posted by Barry45RPM
I dont know that I would buy a car that will look instantly old in 15 months. At least I'll be 2/3 of the way through my loan by then, and let them work the bugs out of a 1st year new model on somebody else.
The 2007 is really a vastly better car than my 2004.
Given that the next generation W212 is not expected to reach NA until late summer 2009, I'm not sure how you calculated 15 months for " a car that will look instantly old".
IMO, the W211 is one of MB's better designs, far superior to the preceding W210. Looking at some of the spy shots of the W212, it is by no means certain that it will be a superior design to the W212. These shots suggest that the next E will have a close resemblance to the S Class ( not necessarily a postive thing) in profile with a rather Japanese style rear end. Look what happened to the BMW 5 Series, going from E39 to E60. Sales of the E60 are dropping severely, most likely due to styling issues, while E Class sales are growing in Europe and NA ( + 20% in the USA and +76% in Canada for the first quarter 2007).
Then , as you mentioned, there is the issue of first year "bugs", one that seems to impact all manufacturers, not just MB. For me, this means at least three years with my E320 Bluetec before I would consider the next generation E Class.
Old 04-19-2007, 09:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MB, BMW
if you want to buy a brand new E-class, my suggestion is to wait until the end of 08 model year when the W212s hit our shores. Dealers will do anything at that point to unload the remaining W211s. If you can get brand new 07s for $8000-10000 off MSRP right now with the rebates and incentives, you'll do a LOT better then.
Old 04-20-2007, 02:21 AM

Regarding Rear End Styling ..

I like the longer, tapered or sloping rear end look.
Call it Japanese if you want. But, look at Cadillac.
(Talk about “butt-ugly” rear ends!) I have a DTS
with that “butt-ugly chopped-off” rear end. And it’s
not quite as ugly as some of the smaller Cadillacs.

The LS 460’s rear end definitely looks better than
the 430. And, I like the rear end look of the S550
better than the E’s. But, I LOVE the front end of the
E Sport. (The $95,000 purchase price of the S550
and the crazy I-drive system are killers for me on
it, tho.)

But that’s only my opinion.

jimm
Old 04-20-2007, 02:29 AM

Originally Posted by rhampar
Dealer told me they couldn't order any more 2007's ...
Trying to calculate when orders are cut off to the new model intro ..

If any of you remember - last year: how long was it after orders
were cut off that the new models were introduced?

jimm
Old 04-20-2007, 04:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

[QUOTE=DerekACS;2151672]Unfortunately, according to my source within MB Canada, the sport package cannot be offered with the Bluetec until the W212 generation (MY2010). The reason given is that the current car has been certified with existing 16" wheels/tires, exhaust system, etc. for federal emissions and fuel economy ratings. The same situation will no doubt apply to US bound E 320 Bluetecs.

The standard alloy wheels will be a new 16" 7-spoke design, replacing the 5-twin spokes.
QUOTE]

Any idea if they will use any of the existing 7 spoke designs, or will it be completely new?

Also, how would the certification for emissions and fuel economy change with the sport package provided they don't change the wheels? No other aspect would affect fuel economy or emissions.
Old 04-20-2007, 11:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 E250 BT 4M
Originally Posted by Untertürkheim
[
Any idea if they will use any of the existing 7 spoke designs, or will it be completely new?
Also, how would the certification for emissions and fuel economy change with the sport package provided they don't change the wheels? No other aspect would affect fuel economy or emissions.
Sorry, I have not seen any photos of the "new" 16" 7 spoke wheels. I'll probably see the car first before any photos.
The sport package affects the weight of the car and its fuel economy (heavier wheels/tires, wider tire treads, larger brakes & exhaust system). For a more in depth explanation, I suggest that you contact a MB tech rep. I too wish this package was avalable on the Bluetec, as it will be in Europe. My guess is MB wants, for the NA market, the maximum fuel economy possible with the Bluetec, hence the skinny Michelin Energy tires, etc. However, before I take delivery, the OEM tires will be traded for 17" on Allmach 5 twin spoke alloys.