E-Class #1 in Class JD Power IQS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-12-2007, 12:38 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 E63
Originally Posted by rieger
I express it in this manner because it only pisses MB yahoos like you off. MB owners who are aware that MB needs to shape up( and has) are not angry. Only people who are ignorant and snobby can't stand it when someone complains about the crap that they got from their cars and and the manufacturer.
I also complain about my GS on the Lexus board about how the suspension could be better but I don't get Lexus yahoos telling me to shut up. Obviously I can't complain about their customer service since it has been exceptional up to now.
You don't see me going to hassle the owner who complained about his RX330 getting on fire because if he had a problem with his car or his dealings with Lexus he has the right to complain and post his opinions any way he likes. What you think idiots like you badgering me will stop me from posting my problems.
I think you misunderstood the intent of my posts. I do not deny the problems (and the fact they exist) of Mercedes-Benz automobiles. I do not deny the problems you have had with your vehicles. I do not deny anything.

So, the only complaint you've had with your GS is the suspension? Great, I think the suspension could be improved in various MBs as well (too soft in the AMGs, still).

There is a huge difference between other board members who have complained and expressed their feelings about Mercedes and you. I'll leave it to you to figure out what the difference is or let others point it out for you.
Old 06-12-2007, 04:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AsianML
I think you misunderstood the intent of my posts. I do not deny the problems (and the fact they exist) of Mercedes-Benz automobiles. I do not deny the problems you have had with your vehicles. I do not deny anything.

So, the only complaint you've had with your GS is the suspension? Great, I think the suspension could be improved in various MBs as well (too soft in the AMGs, still).

There is a huge difference between other board members who have complained and expressed their feelings about Mercedes and you. I'll leave it to you to figure out what the difference is or let others point it out for you.
Good then you just said it "let other board members point it out for you" so does that mean you will keep quiet now?
Old 06-12-2007, 06:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2015 E250 BT 4M
Originally Posted by cyclerider
E-Class #1 in Class JD Power IQS
Here is the original post in this thread, just in case anyone cares to head back on topic.
Yes, I agree !
This thread started out with very positive news for Mercedes and the E Class in particular.

Unfortunately, one very angry and unreasonable owner has hijacked this good news to vent his never ending venom.

If I were Mercedes-Benz USA, I would negotiate with this gentleman to buy back his car(s) on two conditions :

1. an agreement to keep silent about all matters pertaining to the reputation of Mercedes-Benz, and
2. an agreement that he never purchase another Mercedes product, new or used, ever again and that he never sets foot in a Mercedes dealership for the rest of his life.

I feel pity for any Mercedes dealer that he goes near.
Old 06-12-2007, 08:12 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
17 E220D, 11 E350 CDI(sold), 06 CLS320 CDI (sold), 05 Cadillac DeVille (gone), 04 E320 CDI (sold)
Originally Posted by DerekACS
How very true !
And finally, "close to 40% of (MB Canada's) May sales were diesel propelled" !!!!
That's impressive! I didn't realise that diesel was so popular in Canada. Do you also get the BMW and other European ones there?
Old 06-12-2007, 08:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 E250 BT 4M
Originally Posted by johna1
That's impressive! I didn't realise that diesel was so popular in Canada. Do you also get the BMW and other European ones there?
Only MB is offering diesels in Canada at the moment: E320 Bluetec, ML 320CDI, GL320CDI, R 320CDI and Smartfor2. These five models accounted for almost 40% of MB sales in Canada for May. If you deduct the Smart sales, all the remaining modesl had a 20% diesel share.
Old 06-13-2007, 12:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 289 Likes on 202 Posts
2013 650i Coupe, 2010 IS250 AWD, 1999 S500
Man you always waver on what you say. Again you go back on your word. You say "Man please you're so lost it isn't worth responding to you any more" now you say "Not unless you say something particularly stupid. I have the feeling I'll be responding soon." This is what I mean that it is impossible to argue with someone as Stupid as you.
Since you are not capable or understand what it means to be on one side of a debate I will no longer respond to you then. I will just keep posting what I want to post since you are a waste of time.
Wow this coming from a person who repeats the same thing over and over in every forum like they're brainless. You seemingly have a personal problem with Mercedes-Benz and I really do hope you get help with it. Guy you could take a poll here and any and everyone that has run across your ridiculous posts would label you a utter waste of time long before they would me. Do you ever wonder why everyone on all the boards is sick it tired of your nonsense. You aren't capable of holding an intelligent conversation, but I hate I had to stoop to your level.

M
Old 06-13-2007, 12:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I express it in this manner because it only pisses MB yahoos like you off. MB owners who are aware that MB needs to shape up( and has) are not angry. Only people who are ignorant and snobby can't stand it when someone complains about the crap that they got from their cars and and the manufacturer.
I also complain about my GS on the Lexus board about how the suspension could be better but I don't get Lexus yahoos telling me to shut up. Obviously I can't complain about their customer service since it has been exceptional up to now.
You don't see me going to hassle the owner who complained about his RX330 getting on fire because if he had a problem with his car or his dealings with Lexus he has the right to complain and post his opinions any way he likes. What you think idiots like you badgering me will stop me from posting my problems.

This proves what I just stated. Everyone gets this yet you feel the need to repeat it again, you're the most clueless person I've seen here. You're too caught up in your personal agenda to realize that I have agreed with you on most of what you've mentioned here, only objecting to the way you keep harping about it like we don't understand what you're saying. Just because you keep repeating something over and over doesn't mean you're going to change anyone's mind here. You're only making yourself look foolish.

M
Old 06-13-2007, 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by Germancar1
This proves what I just stated. Everyone gets this yet you feel the need to repeat it again, you're the most clueless person I've seen here. You're too caught up in your personal agenda to realize that I have agreed with you on most of what you've mentioned here, only objecting to the way you keep harping about it like we don't understand what you're saying. Just because you keep repeating something over and over doesn't mean you're going to change anyone's mind here. You're only making yourself look foolish.

M
Let me repeat this for you again than you said ""Man please you're so lost it isn't worth responding to you any more" you say "you're the most clueless person I've seen here." So it looks like I am not the only one who likes repeating myself. So before you say "Wow this coming from a person who repeats the same thing over and over" why don't you read your own posts first.
You also said "Not unless you say something particularly stupid. I have the feeling I'll be responding soon." Not only do you repeat yourself you can't even make up your mind what the hell you are going to do.
Old 06-13-2007, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by DerekACS
Yes, I agree !
This thread started out with very positive news for Mercedes and the E Class in particular.

Unfortunately, one very angry and unreasonable owner has hijacked this good news to vent his never ending venom.

If I were Mercedes-Benz USA, I would negotiate with this gentleman to buy back his car(s) on two conditions :

1. an agreement to keep silent about all matters pertaining to the reputation of Mercedes-Benz, and
2. an agreement that he never purchase another Mercedes product, new or used, ever again and that he never sets foot in a Mercedes dealership for the rest of his life.

I feel pity for any Mercedes dealer that he goes near.
First off if MB would of offered me to buy back my car I would have been happy and a satisfied customer. But they didn't I contacted the Canada customer service manager and she apologized for the vehicle problems and offered me 3 years extended warranty and that I could pick this up from the the regional sales manager. When I went to see the regional sales manager he offered me the 1 year warranty and I told him that head office said that I was getting the 3 year. Well he said no I wasn't so I called head office on the spot and passed the phone to the regional manager and he talked to them for 10 min. and called me back in and was forced to give me the three year since he looked that he was not to happy about it.
Before you call me an unreasonable customer do you actually know what I had to go through?
And MB wouldn't have to make me promise to never buy another one again because I wouldn't anyways.

Last edited by rieger; 06-13-2007 at 09:49 AM.
Old 06-13-2007, 10:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2015 ML 350
Guys PLEASE! You've reduced this thread to a 3 Stooges "Poke in the Eye" level. Its gone on far too long, and neither of you will convince the other that he is wrong. Ever.

Please! Enough.
Old 06-13-2007, 10:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 E250 BT 4M
Originally Posted by Barry45RPM
Please! Enough.
Amen
Old 06-13-2007, 01:27 PM

Sorry for the diversion but ticks me off when Germancar1 tells me to get out when I was posting my opinions.
Back to the subject. It's good to here the E and S-class had good IQS but MB needs good IQS in the B and C class to draw in new customers and to keep them or otherwise BMW will get the younger and up and coming new customers with the 1 and 3 series. Main competitor may not be Lexus but BMW ( already the largest luxury manufacturer )once they get the Bangle design out of their system.
Old 06-13-2007, 02:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
John Deere
Guys, please stay on topic and keep it civil. There is no need to fling insults at each other. That's what Off Topic is for.
Old 06-13-2007, 03:25 PM

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts
2003 E500, 2004 G35X
The JD Power is only the "Initial Quality" survey. It has nothing to do with the reliability of the make. The "only" reliable data regarding the reliability of the car is the annual Consumer Report ownership survey which takes into account of the long term ownership of a specific model.
There is a big difference between Initial Quality and long term reliability. All of us are more interested in the long term reliability. Problems with the Initial Quality is usually easily fixed under new car warranty! In addition, during the warranty of your car, how often do you have to take your car to the dealer for repair is also very important. But when your warranty runs out, that's when the rubber meets the road.
Old 06-13-2007, 05:09 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
2017 C63s Cabriolet
Originally Posted by Flash Gordon
The JD Power is only the "Initial Quality" survey. It has nothing to do with the reliability of the make. The "only" reliable data regarding the reliability of the car is the annual Consumer Report ownership survey which takes into account of the long term ownership of a specific model.
There is a big difference between Initial Quality and long term reliability. All of us are more interested in the long term reliability. Problems with the Initial Quality is usually easily fixed under new car warranty! In addition, during the warranty of your car, how often do you have to take your car to the dealer for repair is also very important. But when your warranty runs out, that's when the rubber meets the road.
Not true! Initial quality has alot to do with long term reliability. How can you possibly get to long term reiability without first getting your short term in order first. Its a very big step in the right direction. I have 8000 miles on my 07 and it remains a zero defect car. Thats what i've come to expect from the Lexus and Infiniti's I've had, but its more then I could have hoped for from an E class after all that I had read about them.
Old 06-13-2007, 07:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 E250 BT 4M
Conclusions of CR v's J.D.Power & Associates

The JD Power is only the "Initial Quality" survey. It has nothing to do with the reliability of the make. The "only" reliable data regarding the reliability of the car is the annual Consumer Report ownership survey
Really ???

You have a lot more faith in Consumer Reports than many others do.

IMO, "Initial Quality" is usually a good predictor of long term reliability.

CR's research methodology is at times questionable. There have been several instances where CR has had to retract their conclusions about various products. Remember, CR only receives data from a small percentage of their subscribers. They base their conclusions on a relatively small sample size.

In the case of Mercedes-Benz owners, what percentage of these owners do you believe subscribe to CR ? Perhaps 5 - 10% ? And, of those, what small percentage (possiblly 5% ?) would actually take the time to fill out an extensive questionaire ? In my view, of this tiny percentage of MB owners, the dissatisfied ones will predominate if there are any problems to report, thereby skewing the results. Satisfied customers often do not bother to register their approval.

Unlike Consumer Reports, J.D.Power & Associates can access a random sampling of owners' addresses provided by the manufacturer. This is a critical difference in the scope and validity of the sample population.

For the above reasons, I for one place more faith in J.D. Power's conclusions than I ever will with CR.
Old 06-14-2007, 02:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Let me repeat this for you again than you said ""Man please you're so lost it isn't worth responding to you any more" you say "you're the most clueless person I've seen here." So it looks like I am not the only one who likes repeating myself. So before you say "Wow this coming from a person who repeats the same thing over and over" why don't you read your own posts first.
You also said "Not unless you say something particularly stupid. I have the feeling I'll be responding soon." Not only do you repeat yourself you can't even make up your mind what the hell you are going to do.
Do you see how you're mired in completely and utterly matterless things. I said I agreed with you on certain points that it was your style of post that most took objection too, yet you're still on the petty who said what stuff. That speaks for itself.

For the record, no one told you to get out, I asked why are you here. When you don't get you really don't get it, as is your case. You would have to be a total idiot to see that people don't care for your posts or more importantly your posting style. Again, why would a person who harps about MB having so many problems be on a MB board? In the past you said just to mess with what you call "MB Yahoos", yet I'm the one with the problem here? Clueless, utterly clueless you are.

You'll waste no more of my time.

M

Last edited by Germancar1; 06-14-2007 at 02:24 AM.
Old 06-14-2007, 03:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 E550, 2012 GL450, 2014 GLK350, 2015 S550, 2020 GLC350e
I think the mods need to lock this thread.
Old 06-14-2007, 08:01 AM

The IQS is actually broken down to 2 aspects 1. physical defects and 2. design defects. Does anyone have access to this detailed info so they can post it up? This would give us a better understanding of the severity of the problems since physical defects can be easily fixed at the dealer while design defects are a little more difficult.
Old 06-14-2007, 12:03 PM

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts
2003 E500, 2004 G35X
I have no intention to debate about the importance of Initial Quality and the lack of faith in Consumer Report annual car owners survey. All I want to say is that I am, like most other prudent owners, interested more in long term reliability. To me, if you have to see the dealer for many repairs even during the warranty period, it is not acceptable. My daily rider, 2004 G35X with 39K, has never been to the dealer for repairs. To me, that's acceptable reliability Maybe my bar is higher than some others.
Old 06-14-2007, 12:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 E250 BT 4M
I All I want to say is that I am, like most other prudent owners, interested more in long term reliability. To me, if you have to see the dealer for many repairs even during the warranty period, it is not acceptable.
I suspect that many people would agree with your statements.
As far as MB is concerned, the recent evidence strongly suggests that quality control is improving greatly. Your point about long term reliability is valid; we all want that for our cars.
Old 06-14-2007, 12:22 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 E63
The IQS is actually broken down to 2 aspects 1. physical defects and 2. design defects. Does anyone have access to this detailed info so they can post it up? This would give us a better understanding of the severity of the problems since physical defects can be easily fixed at the dealer while design defects are a little more difficult.
Design defects for example would be the iDrive in BMWs.
Old 06-14-2007, 01:28 PM
lig

was '03 E320 - now - '04 S4
I think we can all agree on the fact that iDrive is indeed a design defect.

Group Hug!
Old 06-14-2007, 01:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2015 ML 350
Except for its 3000 Mile "Get Acquainted Check-Up", my car has needed NO trips to the Service department, no repairs or adjustments. It has been perfect. That rates a #1 in my opinion.
Old 06-15-2007, 03:09 AM

Lexus GS 450h
Originally Posted by Germancar1
Another brilliant post. You're right things have changed. Even the dependability surveys have changed from 5 to 3 years at JDP I think. You're very right about the Koreans too. Thing is though I'd love to see the Koreans stick it to the Japanese just like the Japanese stuck it to the Americans and Germans. If a company like Hyundai can build a Lexus for less money and equal it on quality then Japan INC. is in deep sh*t.

The Europeans will always have their styling and driving qualities to save them to a degree, but duplicating a Lexus is going to be quite easy for the Koreans IMO, because the Lexus itself isn't anything original. Duplicating a German car has proven much tougher, especially when it comes to BMWs. Lexus did build a Japanese Mercedes, but the time when Mercedes needed to fear Lexus' LS is over. They're run too far up in price and they've never got the ride/handling mix quite right, nor the look and feel. Japan INC may find themselves being crushed between the Koreans and the Germans in the next 5-10 years. Germans are masters, especially Mercedes at building big and expensive, and BMW is a master at the other end. Where does that leave Lexus? Out in the wind if the Koreans do what I think they're going to do.

Lexus would have never become so popular if it weren't for Shremp and his bungling of Mercedes' quality and R&D cuts during 1998-2004 or so. If Mercedes does manage to get all their cars in the top 3 of their respective categories in the IQS and more, much more importantly the 3 year dependability surveys, Lexus is going to see some tough times. Reliability is what drove thousands of former MB drivers to Lexus, not styling, performance, or anything remotely car like, it was all dealership treatment and reliability, things MB can fix. Seemingly they are doing just that, but Lexus still doesn't make a single car that drives like a German car, something they either aren't willing or can't do. Anyone can do smooth and quiet.

M
You don't actually BELIEVE what you wrote do you?????

Anyway, kudos to Benz, lets hope this begins a TREND and is not a one year thing. Glad to seem them improve so well.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: E-Class #1 in Class JD Power IQS