E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Blackberry compatibility with Bluetooth adapter

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-08-2007, 04:37 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
All Diesel Fleet !1983 240d stick,2005 E320 CDI Midnight blue, 2005 E320 CDI, Desert Silver, Kubota
Blackberry compatibility with Bluetooth adapter

Just had a phone system installed by Benz in my wife's 05 CDI. The Bluetooth adapter B67875878 was installed. This is the newer adapter with more user friendly profiles installed to accept more phones. The phone system parts were kind of hard to get, since MB has them on backorder as they switch vendors. You have to find a dealer that has them. This can be done by your parts guy on the computer. The Bluetooth adapter works perfectly with my new Blackberry 8830/Verizon and will probably work with most newer phones with Bluetooth handsfree profile. After the initial setup, where you have to enter the 62872 code from the adapter into the Blackberry, it finds it automatically each time you get in the car. All the phone numbers download automatically into your car. Takes about 1-3 minutes, depending on your contacts. All functionality works, except call waiting, which it is stated, is not an option in this system. With the original cradle system, in my car, call waiting works. When a call comes in, you can push the receive symbol on the steering wheel and transfer the call. With the bluetooth, you get just a beep, indicating that someone is trying to get you. I also used my Motorola V710 and it worked in the Bluetooth mode, downloading and using the Bluetooth adapter. I was going to try and install the modules myself, but figured I would mess it up. Besides, it would still have to have been version coded at the dealer anyway. To get the completer kit, the dealer had to order it from parts as an individual part. My installer did not install the linear compensator since he had no brackets for it. He did bypass it. The linear compensator really doesn't do anything in a bluetooth environment, since your cellphone antenna is not connected. In the command display, the symbols that indicate cell phone antenna strength are presented. They represent what your cell phone reception is with the cell phone antenna.

PM me if you want more info.