E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

OEMparts vs. MB "Stealer"

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-05-2007, 09:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post OEMparts vs. MB "Stealer"

Yes, the stealer makes a lot more money on parts and service than they do on selling cars, we all know this.

But I have found a way to circumnavigate this, or at least I think I have.

I am picking up my E in a few weeks and the sales person and I have become friends. He is older than I am and knows my parents and may even be related (my uncle's, wife's, brother's, wife's brother).

I digress... He is ordering my Bluetooth headset at his employee discount. When I compared this with OEMparts, even with our 20% discount, comes to about the same thing.

This way I get it right away, I don't have to wait, and if there are any problems I take it back to the stealer...

I understand, a lot of stuff that some of you may need, a sales person wouldn't be able to order without drawing major attention to himself. But for little stuff like Bluetooth headsets or a cup holders can be easily purchased locally.

So my point... I don't know... make a friend, the old fashioned way. Just a thought.
Old 07-05-2007, 09:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2011 E550, 2013 GLK
There was a time when I was buying a lot of both BMW and Mercedes parts from a dealership in a relatively small town. I got 20% off on one and 15% off on the other. I've since moved to another place and now the best I can do is get a 10% M-B Club discount. I now order all my parts off the Internet or from Caliber Motors in California. Caliber Motors do a big mail order business and offer a good discount. I learned about them from M-B Club members.
Old 07-05-2007, 09:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BudC
There was a time when I was buying a lot of both BMW and Mercedes parts from a dealership in a relatively small town. I got 20% off on one and 15% off on the other. I've since moved to another place and now the best I can do is get a 10% M-B Club discount. I now order all my parts off the Internet or from Caliber Motors in California. Caliber Motors do a big mail order business and offer a good discount. I learned about them from M-B Club members.
Wow, good to know. I live in Los Angeles which is only a about 35minutes north of where Caliber Motors is. Believe me by LA standards, this is really close.
Old 07-05-2007, 09:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2011 E550, 2013 GLK
Originally Posted by gotoschoolhere
Wow, good to know. I live in Los Angeles which is only a about 35minutes north of where Caliber Motors is. Believe me by LA standards, this is really close.
It's been a while since I ordered something from them but I used to deal with Al Travino in the Parts Department.

If anyone does a mail order with them, make sure you specify ground shipping so they don't accidentally send it to you second day air like they once did with me.
Old 07-05-2007, 10:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2011 E550, 2013 GLK
I should mention that the discounts I've gotten at Caliber Motors were for maintenance parts. I don't think they'll give you discounts for things like a Bluetooth Puck or similar items.