E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Brake Problem please help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-05-2007 | 06:25 PM

2005 E500 AMG Sport
Brake Problem please help

Hey guys, I have an 05 E500 and I allowed my good friend who is pretty knowledgeable when it comes to cars and has done maintance on my cars before change my front brake pads and sensors, seems simple enough right! wrong! he finishes up putting the wheels on then we go to start the car up and the dash board lights up like crazy with ABS, ESP, and the bright red message saying to "Stop" error messages. I help him take the wheels off to check the sensors and go over what he just did and we cant find anything wrong. When the car is started you can feel that the brake pedal has pressure until you put the car in gear then it seems to fade away.

Ive read about the brake switch sensor and the battery having a low voltage reading but never received any of those error messages up until now.

The car is sitting at his house so any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated.
Old 07-05-2007 | 06:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E-ZGO 53hp., 1999 E 430 sport, 2004 E 55, 2008 Tahoe LTZ on 24"s
Originally Posted by PlayboyDiddy
Hey guys, I have an 05 E500 and I allowed my good friend who is pretty knowledgeable when it comes to cars and has done maintance on my cars before change my front brake pads and sensors, seems simple enough right! wrong! he finishes up putting the wheels on then we go to start the car up and the dash board lights up like crazy with ABS, ESP, and the bright red message saying to "Stop" error messages. I help him take the wheels off to check the sensors and go over what he just did and we cant find anything wrong. When the car is started you can feel that the brake pedal has pressure until you put the car in gear then it seems to fade away.

Ive read about the brake switch sensor and the battery having a low voltage reading but never received any of those error messages up until now.

The car is sitting at his house so any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated.
Your car may have SBC brakes. try a search " SBC brakes" for more information.
Old 07-05-2007 | 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by Yacht Master
Your car may have SBC brakes. try a search " SBC brakes" for more information.
Your car definitely has SBC brakes. You have to go to the dealer to reset all that crap, you can't just change the pads yourself.
Old 07-06-2007 | 03:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

223.168 & 213.012 & 906.633 & 214.005
Originally Posted by slk55lvr
Your car definitely has SBC brakes. You have to go to the dealer to reset all that crap, you can't just change the pads yourself.
This comment wasn't fully accurate, there are several threads describing how the DIY brake service should be done. Not equally trivial though as for traditional brakes.