E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Non OE brake pads?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-07-2007, 11:49 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
makes your daughter horny
Non OE brake pads?

A quick search result in nothing.. doesnt seem many are DIY the brakes on this car.

I'm about to replace the pads and rotors and want to replace the OE pads with some that dust MUCH less.

Any suggestions? Thanks,

Will
Old 07-08-2007, 01:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GL350
Other then the front pads,better quality aftermarket worked for me in the past..Yes the OEM has more dust 'cause they are much softer but it is well worth it..(I was told by MB, the reason of the softer pads are ,in case of booster failure)
Old 07-08-2007, 03:57 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
makes your daughter horny
After doing some research I think the Axxis Deluxe pads suit my needs, however it doesnt look like they make them for the front of our cars? Only the rears?
Old 07-08-2007, 11:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Akebono is what you want. Reviews for Akebono have been pretty good from MB, Audi, and other european car owners. Very low dust and does not make noise. Check for reviews on tirerack, audiworld, Mbworld and benzworld. You can propably get it cheapest at rocksauto.com. I have just installed the fronts with OE rotors and driven only 2000km and so far so good. Don't go aftermarket with the rotors though because the OE ones are much much better than aftermarket ones. If you don't believe me get both and just weight them and you will see the OE ones weigh much more. Plus the MB rotors are reasonably priced.
Old 07-09-2007, 08:27 AM

Received 80 Likes on 63 Posts
'07 GL450
Originally Posted by W Cole
After doing some research I think the Axxis Deluxe pads suit my needs, however it doesnt look like they make them for the front of our cars? Only the rears?
I recently ordered Axxis/PBR pads for my e500. Haven't replaced 'em yet, and am not quite sure when I will or even if they're the right ones.. but I already have 'em!

Ordered the rears from http://importrp.com
    and the fronts from http://brakepadsdirect.com.
      Old 07-09-2007, 10:16 AM
      MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 344 Likes on 215 Posts
      S560
      There are dozens of threads on "brake dust". Most have replaced the pads with aftermarket ones and have been happy with them. I have heard good things from Akebono, but there are also others available. From what I have read it is a fairly simple process to change them out...