E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Teleaid malfunction disabling

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-19-2007, 06:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Teleaid malfunction disabling

I have just registered on these forums and hope this is the correct place for this posting.

I have just purchased a 2003 e500 and it has a malfunction indicating the teleaid system is malfunctioning. Is it possible for a dealer or shop to disable this message as I do not plan on using this (and I understand I would need to purchase a conversion kit for it to get it working anyways).

I would also appreciate any recommendations for a repair shop in the Seattle-Tacoma area.

Thanks!
Old 07-19-2007, 08:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2015 ML 350
This IS the best MB forum out here on the web. Believe me, I searched! There are owners who are very familiar with their cars here, and some extremely knowlegeable people with very detailed info unavailable to us elsewhere.
Old 07-19-2007, 11:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2007 A8L 4.2
I had the same problem for a while, a loose antenna connection was the culprit, make sure all connections are solid.
Old 07-20-2007, 12:48 AM

Some MBs & Bimmers
Originally Posted by Skawt
I have just registered on these forums and hope this is the correct place for this posting.

I have just purchased a 2003 e500 and it has a malfunction indicating the teleaid system is malfunctioning. Is it possible for a dealer or shop to disable this message as I do not plan on using this (and I understand I would need to purchase a conversion kit for it to get it working anyways).

I would also appreciate any recommendations for a repair shop in the Seattle-Tacoma area.

Thanks!
This is completely possible.

Your dealer or MB shop with the star diag can disable the Tele-Aid function. Mine was disabled by Steve (MbenzNL) during one of his installation trip.

As of a shop in Seattle area, sorry .... not from that area.
Old 07-20-2007, 02:12 AM

2004 E500 4matic
I had a similar problem. I took to the dealer they said it because I don't have the service and to just pay it no mind....lol. but it my case I was playing with the SOS button...lol