E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Brake Upgrade Time - Opinions?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-19-2007, 03:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 E500 Pewter/Ash
Brake Upgrade Time - Opinions?

I need new brakes, and I need them now. "Brake Wear - Visit Workshop" indicator came on a couple of days ago, and I'm thinking of something a little beefier and better looking than stock. AMG or Brembo setup would be nice, but I'm wondering what others have experienced (maybe something a LITTLE more reasonably priced?). I've read many posts - who's the best online source to order from?. Would like to get them on this week......
TIA ~
Old 08-19-2007, 04:00 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
makes your daughter horny
If your interested in just getting pads and not a full BBK, I would recommend Akebono ceramics. I just put them on my car and am very impressed. No squeel and very low dust. I got them from tirerack.com
Old 08-19-2007, 10:48 PM

I can vouch for the Akebono brakes. They are great once they are seated correctly. At first couple of hundred miles you will think that they are a little soft but after that they start to really bite into the rotors for good stopping power. Virtually no dust. I have them on my front and MB pads on the rear and after 3 weeks the back ones already are pretty dirty while the front wheels are shiny clean still. The dust is silvery color so they match right in with the rims. I would look into purchasing these from rockauto.com much cheaper than from tirerack and good service and if anyone in canada is interested they have great service with shipping with duty all calculated and paid for so when you get your parts there is no suprises in brokerage fees.
Old 08-19-2007, 11:20 PM

2005 E500 Pewter/Ash
Thanks - I'm sure I need rotors too, and defintiely want a slotted/cross drilled type.
Old 08-19-2007, 11:58 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
LS7 powered Corvette
Holla at me!