** W211 Newbie Questions - Please Help **

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-21-2007, 12:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W209 - W163
** W211 Newbie Questions - Please Help **

Don't have the time to search the ******* forum, so I'm hoping some of you can help me. As you know I've had my ML for quite some time and won many trophies as it was a show car. Times have changed, and I no longer have the love for the ML as I used to. I decided to go into the market for a W211 E500 or E55. My questions are...

The E500 i'm looking at has the Sport package, however I want to upgrade the bumpers to the AMG ones. Does this mean, i have to change the sideskirts as well? Is there a difference between the AMG and Sport sideskirts? Also where can I pick up a complete kit from?

My next question is, since the E500 has the air suspension, what type of drops are you guys experiences using the star computer? Pictures would be helpful.

And lastly -- what tires would I need to run if I wanted to go 20x8.5 in the front and 20x9.5 in the rear?

Thanks guys, hopefully i can be a frequent on these forums in the near future!

-Vik
Old 08-21-2007, 01:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 3 Posts
2004 E320
Here is my car lowered via star computer. It lowered my car about .75 – 1 inch…very conservative drop IMO.

Old 08-21-2007, 07:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 S550 (S65 Package)
alright heres what me and my cousin did to our e500. we got our kits from ebay. they were fiberglass but are really looking good in quality. they came with the amg front, rear, and sides. it came out to be 868 total shipped. im getting mines on this week and his is already on and looks realy good. and twentys are a lil to big for us so i got some 19in hre 540.
Old 08-21-2007, 09:03 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
00 MB ML55, 91 Toyota Supra Turbo(sold), 06 E500(gone), 03 BMW M3
Originally Posted by ViKTORiOUS
Don't have the time to search the ******* forum, so I'm hoping some of you can help me. As you know I've had my ML for quite some time and won many trophies as it was a show car. Times have changed, and I no longer have the love for the ML as I used to. I decided to go into the market for a W211 E500 or E55. My questions are...

The E500 i'm looking at has the Sport package, however I want to upgrade the bumpers to the AMG ones. Does this mean, i have to change the sideskirts as well? Is there a difference between the AMG and Sport sideskirts? Also where can I pick up a complete kit from?

My next question is, since the E500 has the air suspension, what type of drops are you guys experiences using the star computer? Pictures would be helpful.

And lastly -- what tires would I need to run if I wanted to go 20x8.5 in the front and 20x9.5 in the rear?

Thanks guys, hopefully i can be a frequent on these forums in the near future!

-Vik
you know you want to sell me your brush bar for my 55...

why 20s? 20s are a little too big for the W211 I think especially for NY/NJ roads

In any case you are going to want to get your hands on a Renntech lowering module otherwise you could add your 20s and lower via star till you achieve the tucked look. I dont think its smart to do that though. I might also suggest doing the brabus front bumper... white 211 with brabus kit and monoblock 6 wheels painted alabaster white to match...