E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Introduction and a question about exhausts...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 07:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Introduction and a question about exhausts...

Hello Forum --

New guy here. Haven't lurked long -- been a few years since we've had a Benz in the family -- but we are the proud parents of a new E350 Wagon

I was hoping some of the more experienced members might be able to guide me to some useful info regarding swapping the exhaust on our car for a quad setup... any recommendations on manufacturers vs. local/custom plumbing? Any good leads on rear bumpers to accomodate said exhaust... Factory AMG E55/E63 Wagon bumpers? Aftermarket? Cut-outs?

I'm mildly modding the E -- rims/tires, tint and hopefully the exhaust -- it's a pity they do not sell a sport version of the wagon(let alone a 550 -- grrrrrr)

Thanks in advance,

Sasha

p.s. I had an E63 wagon on order since May, but it turned out the car would not get here til late-December, sadly too long to wait...
Old 08-27-2007, 09:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
Eurocharged 2004 E500, Eurocharged ECU/TCU 2005 SL600, 2010 Caddy SwaggerWagon
Originally Posted by FastDad
Hello Forum --

New guy here. Haven't lurked long -- been a few years since we've had a Benz in the family -- but we are the proud parents of a new E350 Wagon

I was hoping some of the more experienced members might be able to guide me to some useful info regarding swapping the exhaust on our car for a quad setup... any recommendations on manufacturers vs. local/custom plumbing? Any good leads on rear bumpers to accomodate said exhaust... Factory AMG E55/E63 Wagon bumpers? Aftermarket? Cut-outs?

I'm mildly modding the E -- rims/tires, tint and hopefully the exhaust -- it's a pity they do not sell a sport version of the wagon(let alone a 550 -- grrrrrr)

Thanks in advance,

Sasha

p.s. I had an E63 wagon on order since May, but it turned out the car would not get here til late-December, sadly too long to wait...

Welcome.

I just purchased the OEM E55 mufflers/tips and I'll be doing the cut outs on my E500 bumper. Stay tuned for the results. I should be receiving the exhaust tomorrow and I'll be working with a shop to get it all done. I'll be posting pics, and video/sound clips when it's all done.

Wish me luck.

About a year ago I did a magnaflow setup with decent results. I did it as an experiment to see what a I could get for $500.00

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...ight=magnaflow

I opted to keep the tips hidden behind the rear skirt like the OEM setup. Many people on this forum add tips to the stock mufflers and have them stick out from underneath the bumper. It's a popular option that looks horrible in my opinion. But the each their own, I guess.
Old 08-28-2007, 01:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 27 Likes on 8 Posts
‘23 EQS AMG
welcome!
Old 08-28-2007, 02:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E-550 Coupe 2010 SE
nice!!

Originally Posted by Benz-O-Rama
Welcome.

I just purchased the OEM E55 mufflers/tips and I'll be doing the cut outs on my E500 bumper. Stay tuned for the results. I should be receiving the exhaust tomorrow and I'll be working with a shop to get it all done. I'll be posting pics, and video/sound clips when it's all done.

Wish me luck.

About a year ago I did a magnaflow setup with decent results. I did it as an experiment to see what a I could get for $500.00

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...ight=magnaflow

I opted to keep the tips hidden behind the rear skirt like the OEM setup. Many people on this forum add tips to the stock mufflers and have them stick out from underneath the bumper. It's a popular option that looks horrible in my opinion. But the each their own, I guess.